Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Profiler Camera.Render warnings

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by neonaleon, May 8, 2017.

1. neonaleon

neonaleon

Hi there,

I am trying to improve frame rate of my game, so I profiled it on an iPad 4th gen. Now I'm seeing warnings under Camera.Render in JobAlloc.Overflow, but have no clue as to what could be wrong with it.
    Can anyone shed some light on this? I'd like to be able to get rid of the warnings if they would lead to better rendering performance.

2. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Hi!

`JobAlloc.Overflow` is an internal label which indicates slower memory allocation path during dynamic batching job preparation.
    Unfortunately, there is not much to do about it now. We'll remove warning from this label.

3. larku

larku

Hey alexey, can you give more info on this? What's meant by "slower memory allocation path" and what effects will this have?

I'm seeing 4 of these warnings on my android build while I'm tackling performance issues - could this be the cause of my issues?

4. Andy-Korth

Andy-Korth

I've also got some of these. Is there anything I can do personally to improve the situation or avoid the slower path? Is it just a side effect of having a very large number of renderers in the scene? Is it an indicator that I should move towards some manual batching?

5. VLukianenko

VLukianenko

Bumping this for a probable answer.

6. LightStriker

LightStriker

Still showing up on 2018.3.0f2.

What is it?

7. hhungria

hhungria

Still showing up on 2021.1.3f1....

Can somebody respond?