Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Profiler: Add functionality to get more statistics

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by Peter77, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I wonder if it's feasible to add the following functionality, since you're adding various Profiler improvements in 2017.3.

The Game View features the Statistics Overlay, which displays batches, triangle count, Shadow Casters, SetPass Calls and so on.

Having access to this information in a development build (outside editor) would be extremely useful.

I need this in a build, because we run automated performance tests, where the game is started in a special mode that loads every level, places the camera at specific positions, measures the performance and submits the result to Splunk.

It would be very useful to be able to include the "Render Statistics" in this report as well, because this would allow us to automatically detect whether a specific part in the game issues too many SetPass Calls for example.

Having this information available in a development build is helpful for the QA- and Art-department as well.

I believe the game (in development mode) does track these statistics, since if I attach a Profiler, I can see the Render Statistics.

Would it be possible to expose the "Render Statistics", basically everything that is displayed in the Scene View Overlay to the Profiler API for example, which already contains various "GetMemory" API's. *

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    alexeyzakharov likes this.
  2. Player7

Player7

I agree

The debugging tools and stat info avialable in unity for development builds outside of the editor isn't good at all.

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  3. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback!

We had this in plans and are currently working on generalizing stats data collection and providing Profiling.Counter API similar to Recorder to extract the data in the player.

MartijnPW and hippocoder like this.
  4. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

How do you output stuff to splunk?