Search Unity

Profile Help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by luizbeneton, Jul 16, 2014.

1. luizbeneton

luizbeneton

Hello, I'm trying to figure Unity profile and I need some help.

My game is running slow in an old machine, and that's fine, but it's getting slower and slower as the game runs so I know something is wrong.

This is what I get from Unity Profile

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 7.17.34 PM.png
    And this is what I get from Stats Window:
    Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 7.00.19 PM.png

Stats Window reflects my game reality.
    Is there a better way to profile within Unity so I can fix whatever is making my game run slow?

Thanks!

2. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Well an older machine that runs slow is why. It's getting slower over time because of the amount of things your putting in--it might not be able to handle loads of things and good graphics if you have that,

3. luizbeneton

luizbeneton

Hello Silver Games, thanks for the help, but I'm not sure you got the problem.
    The game runs slow with the same amount of things on the screen.
    I sure put more enemies over time, but the die, I recicle them and at a given time, the screen is clean. And I still have a low fps.

I'm pretty sure this is Scaleform fault, and I was trying to use Unity profile to help me out.
    Scaleform profiling tool gave me some hints, but not that leads to a memory leak, or anything else that could result in a slow fps with a clean screen after 10 minutes in game.

4. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Well, how many things do you have in the Hierarchy and the project panel?

5. Ostwind

Ostwind

Show a full screenshot of the profiler window when some high peak frame is selected cause to me it looks like there is massive garbage collecting happening?

6. luizbeneton

luizbeneton

That pick is on the GPU, and it's a RenderTexture process.
    I'm pretty sure thats Scaleform. I have no more details, Deep-Profiling does nothing on GPU for me, and actually, GPU profiler doesn't work all the time :/

unityunity