Search Unity

Production Server Setup for Addressables

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Claytonious, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Claytonious

Claytonious

The docs explain HostingService for local editor hosting and Unity-based hosting in some detail, but say almost nothing about how to setup a production server. Is there another doc somewhere I'm overlooking?

We are evaluating the use of Addressables and the server part of the story is critical (we have *very* high DAU and lots of infrastructure already in place that this needs to fit into).

Do we basically implement and expose some custom API endpoints that Addressables is looking for, or what? How do I find out about this?

Thanks!

2. Claytonious

Claytonious

BTW, if it's as simple as exposing some raw files via a correctly mapped suite of URL's against some base URL path, then that's great but we still need to know what those naming conventions are and which files need to exposed and what their relative paths are supposed to be.

Thanks!

3. CharBodman

CharBodman

I don't know much about the unity hosting service. I actually don't know what benefits you get from it.

We simply setup a CDN on aws, and uploaded built addressables bundles to the remote cdn path.

We did this by setting up different addressables profiles

(local builds)
    production (production builds)

Production

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 10.31.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 10.31.11 AM.png

When we trigger a build in our build system, it will select the correct profile, build player content, and then upload the assets found in the RemoteBuildPath and upload those to the cdn.

General Settings
    Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 10.29.32 AM.png

There may be a better way to do this, but this is what has worked for us.

unity_bill and Claytonious like this.
  4. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang