Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Product Authorization

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by podperson, Jun 8, 2006.

1. podperson

podperson

I just licensed Unity (indie -- for now) and went through product authorization. Can I authorize Unity on more than one machine or, alternatively, can I move my authorization from one machine to another easily?

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

You can use it on another machine. If you ever want to move to another machine just contact david@otee.dk.

3. podperson

podperson

Just clarifying:

Can I have Unity authorized on more than one machine at a time (e.g. my desktop and notebook)?

I take it that I can transfer authorization from one machine to another by emailing david@otee.dk.

4. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

You can have it authorized on more than one machine at a time, but of course the license only allows use by one person.

5. podperson

podperson

Thank you :)

6. NCarter

NCarter

The last time I asked, I seem to recall the detailed answer being:

• You can install Unity on up to two computers, but you can only use it on one of them at a time.
    • If you want to de-authorise one of those two computers so you can install Unity on a new computer, you need to email David.
    I recall there being some confusion over whether two or three computers were allowed to have the same license installed at the same time, but I think the final answer was two.

7. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Its interesting because OTEE said that you can only have the license on 2 computers at a time. But I personaly have my license on 3 so you can take that 2 with a grain of salt. Jeff

8. dacloo

dacloo

It's great they allow this, because there are so many situations that I'm fiddling with Photoshop and 3dsmax because of the (#@$*U$#*($ license. You should reward paying customers, not punish them (because they'll start writing cracks...). So OTEE: well done!

9. taumel

taumel

I dislike unity's licence scheme.

I prefer the way Luxology handles it... http://www.luxology.com/whatismodo/userlicensing.aspx

Or if you want it even more free than go with the BlitzResearch idea. Only an user specific account without any keys at all.

In both cases no hassles with beeing online, writing an email, waiting for an answer, ...

Regards,

taumel