Search Unity

ProChart by Creative Pudding

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creative-Pudding, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi Guys

We are proudly presents our new package for Unity: ProChart

ProChart has been designed to create different type of graphs and charts within a Unity3D project. Easily customizable with properties and delegates with minimal scripting knowledge required!

Render into Unity 5 Canvas based UI or any 2D/3D meshes.
    Compatible with Unity 4.x and Unity 5.x and supports mobile platforms.

Supported chart types (2D & 3D):
    • Bar
    • Line & Curve
    • Pie & Doughnut
    You can check out our plugin and try our online demo on our website:
    http://creativepudding.com/prochart

Unity Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/46203

Please come back with feedbacks and your wish list!

Support:
    In case you need quick answer to your question, please send an email. You can find our support mail on the product page.
    We can't guarantee quick response time on the forum, but we always do our best to answer mails as quickly as possible!

Have Fun!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    WILEz1975 likes this.
  2. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi Guys,

ProChart is available from the Unity Asset Store from now on!

Have Fun!

3. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi Users of ProChart

We found a bug in our rendering due to changes have been made in Unity 5.2. Thanks to one of our user!
    We are busy with the fix. We are already fixed several versions, but unfortunately still broken in some version.
    Our goal is to make it version independent so 1 version of ProChart should work for all version of Unity since released. Until we have the chance to do this - depends on Unity releases - we will make it this way.

We want to keep you updated on which version is stable, what are the progress of the current bugfix:

- ProChart 1.0 is running well on Unity version 4.6, 5.0 - 5.1.9 (released in AssetStore)
    - ProCahrt 1.1 is running in 5.2.2 (current latest Unity) (not yet released).
    Unfortunately this fix does not work in version 5.2.0 and 5.2.1, we are still working on this and will be included.

We are going to release a new version with the fix for all versions this week.

4. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Dear Users of ProChart

We are updated our package with a fix for 5.2.x versions.
    The new version 1.1 supports each Unity versions from 4.6 up to 5.2.2

We are waiting for Unity to review it, but it's been tested and submitted!
    Thanks again for everyone who reported version problems!

5. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Dear Users of ProChart

Our new version, ProChart 1.1 has been released and available in unity store!
    It supports all known Unity version from 4.6 up to 5.2.2

Have Fun!

6. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Looks pretty neat! But what I need most is a filled-line type chart, where the area under the curve is filled with color as well, like this:

Is this something ProChart can do?

And what about the extra vertical lines and numbers (the "Arc" divisions shown above)? I realize that may be asking too much, but... :)

7. snw

snw

Hi,

I have one question: is it possible to assign custom materials/shaders to chart sections?

Cheers.

8. jimmy_doodle

jimmy_doodle

looking interesting!

9. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi Snw,

If you are using the 3D mesh version, you are free to add any materials/shader you wish.

10. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

good idea, we will think about it.

11. FLYUPAV

FLYUPAV

Hi
    How to load data from excel file?

12. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi Ymassuot

We don't have any format reader in the package. It's only about visualise it. If you want to show excel data, you need to implement or find a parser to read the excel file first. If you read the excel and feed the data to the data set, the chart will show the results.

1. read you excel with your code or 3rd party libs. Alternatively you can also export excel to csv format which is easier to parse. (simple comma separated list)
    2. one you can read the data you need to those set the data for your chart, as it is in the demo.

There are several excel format reader available in unity, but never used any.

cheers,
    Attila

13. rdvt

rdvt

hi, i can attach to canvas in screen space - overlay mode?

14. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

yes, it's fully compatible with all canvas mode. Our demo also uses overlay mode.

15. rdvt

rdvt

excellent!!! y will use it in mobile and its posible put labels with the data value?

16. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

yes it works on mobiles and you can add labels.
    Check the demo http://creativepudding.com/prochart#demo what you can see there works on mobiles too. In our demo we draw labels only when you hover over a data, in mobiles you cannot hover (no mouse over) so you need to implement it a bit differently. (you show it always or you trigger visibility of labels with click and not "OnMouseOver".)
    Since this (labels) not part of the ProChart lib but it's in the demo code (show how to use the prochart), you are free to change it the way you need.

rdvt likes this.
  17. bmcoffee

bmcoffee

How do I customize the color for individual bars in barChart?

18. rdvt

rdvt

This is an example:

WMG_Series serieData;
    serieData = graph.addSeries ();

pointColors = new List<Color>();
    for (int i = 0; i < serieData.pointValues.Count; i++) {
    pointColors.Add(new Color(Random.Range(0, 1f),Random.Range(0, 1f),Random.Range(0, 1f),1));
    }
    serieData.usePointColors = true;
    serieData.pointColors.SetList(pointColors);​

19. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

You need to set the the chart (line or Bar) colors with the SetColor() function:

///<summary>
    /// Set a color at given location for normal item
    ///</summary>
    public void SetColor(int row, Color32 color1, Color32 color2 = default(Color))

example code:
    //assing a lineChart to this object
    public LineChart chartView;
    chartData = new ChartData2D();
    chartView.SetValues(ref chartData);
    //assign colors
    chartView.SetColor(0, Color.red);
    chartView.SetColor(1, Color.green);
    chartView.SetColor(2, Color.blue);

20. nigmory_

nigmory_

Hello,
    Can you show ProChart manual? And as I understand all sources code of plugin available after purchase and can be changed?

21. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi There

Manual part of the plugin as well as an example scene in Unity. And yes, you get the source as unity plugin. You are free to change, but you cannot resell the chart itself, but you can create any apps which using it and sell them.

We use to help to change the code or add new/special features as well if needed, we only charge when the work requires lots of work or special.

Hope it helps

22. pouria77

pouria77

Hi

I noticed that in the demo there are no labels on the bars or in the pie chart.
    Is it possible to add a labels and/or value to each bar separately? How about the pie chart?
    Thanks

23. easyarch

easyarch

there are three errors when I load prochart into my unify3d 5.3.4f1, the error is at below:
    Error CS1750 A value of type 'Color' cannot be used as a default parameter because there are no standard conversions to type 'Color32' , can you help me fix this error? thanks

24. xabre

xabre

The library looks great! I'm interested in using this library in a client project. The project will run on iOS and Android and one of the requirements is that the user should be able to pinch to zoom a chart. Is this possible with the library? How would I have to approach this? Thank you

25. AnthonyTu

AnthonyTu

I would like to update a line graph every frame in real time. How would I go about doing this?

Is there a way to resize a line graph based on a fixed y axis? For example, I want the y axis values to always be from 0 to 100.

Lastly, is there any functionality that can fill the area below the line graph? Kind of like what JoeStrout mentioned

26. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi hellhammer

In the upcoming update there are labels to display on (all type of) canvas charts.

Thanks for your inquiry!

27. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi easyarch

We are getting no errors under 5.3.4 compiling the ProChart code, could you please give a little more information please. Of course if we can reproduce this error message we can help you to solve the problem.

Please use our support email address for further messages to make the communication more comfortable and faster.

Thank you.

28. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi xabre

ProChart has currently no zoom support, in a later update we are planning to give zoom features, including pinch zoom as well.

Thanks for your inquiry!

29. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi Anthony

If you like to get a chart updated in realtime, the only thing you have to do is modifying the chart datas (datasource) in real time. The chart visuals and the datasources are linked together, if you change any of the chart values the visual representation of the chart will be changed instantly and automatic! Just as the demo shows, it's very easy to create realtime charts with ProChart.

About the fixed Y axis thing: currently the ProChart calculates always the bounding box for all the visuals (our goal was to keep always all the charts visible), and that's why it's not possible to fix any axis. But since it's a valid request and a good idea to improve the package, it will be supported in the near future! Thanks for the tip.

About the fill area below the graph: yes, it's a cool thing, we have our plans to add this feature as well, but we can't say currently when.

Thanks for your inquiry!

30. pouria77

pouria77

Hi
    Thanks for the previous reply.
    I have another question: When I build the application, the chart colors are gone! and all charts are drawn in pink.
    I copied the shader folder to the resources of my build but it didn't work. Should I copy something else also?

Best

31. jGate99

jGate99

@Creative Pudding
    I recently purchased your plugin and have few questions regarding PieChart.
    Can you please provide an example piechart scene with animation (initalization, mouse over, select item) as well as custom colors (not gradients as i want to use flat colors) as well as selection and over info in it.

32. jGate99

jGate99

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  33. jGate99

jGate99

@Creative Pudding
    Never mind. I managed to do most of stuff but bit disappointed due to lack of support.

34. MauveAvenger

MauveAvenger

Is it possible to generate labels on each section of a chart? For example, if a pie chart is broken into two sections can I have the two sections say "United States: 70%" and "China: 30%"?

35. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Dear John and All of you. Due to the way how unity forum works, we cannot guarantee quick answer on the forum, but in case you need quick answer, don't hesitate to find us by email! Email is our main support channel and you can find our support email address at the package page.

Thanks!!

36. amonitzer

amonitzer

Hi,

It seems that line plots assume that the data has regular intervals, in other words the values are equidistant on the X axis. When I leave out entries, they're assumed to be zero. Do you plan to add support for X/Y graphs?

Hosnkobf likes this.
  37. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi amontizer,

We will investigate your report/request. Thank you.

Hosnkobf likes this.
  38. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

I would also need entries on different locations on the x axis... (the x-axis is for the date of when a new data entry was made)

39. unityavi1

unityavi1

Hi, i am interested in the 3d chart objects. For Pie chart I would like to know 2 things,
    1. Showing labels in sections of 3d pi chart
    2. User should able to tap on individual section and that section data (tag, label etc.) can be captured in script

40. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Hi everyone,

ProChart 1.2 update is available in the Asset Store, with new label feature. It is now possible to use labels on values and axes in canvas charts.

41. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

IMPORTANT:
    In case you need quick answer to your question, please send us an email. You can find our support mail on the product page.
    We can't guarantee quick response time on the forum, but we always do our best to answer mails as quickly as possible!

42. ksubramanian19

ksubramanian19

How to add lables to 3D Charts?

43. kyata

kyata

Hi Team,

I found this unity asset on https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/46203 and want to use for an app development in Hololens.

I wanted to confirm from you if an app developed in Unity using this asset and exported to HoloLens / Windows platform would work as expected and not have any issues.

I ask this question as I had similar build issues with another Asset package on Unity not being compatible when exported to windows / HoloLens based platform.

44. iamattamai

iamattamai

Is it possible to manipulate your menus with Leap Motion controller? If so, how?

45. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

everything is possible :)
    We don't use Hololens, but I don't see any problems of using it on Windows. ProChart works on any platform that supported by Unity, including Windows native.

LeapMotion: We don't have it atm, but I did used it some time ago. ProChart is nothing more than an asset to use to show and manipulate the content. You can use LeapMotion for sure, but we don't have any code for it.
    We can probably help you out, but please find us by mail: support@creativepudding.com

46. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

LeapMotion: We don't have it atm, but I did used it some time ago. ProChart is nothing more than an asset to use to show and manipulate the content. You can use LeapMotion for sure, but we don't have any code for it.
    We can probably help you out, but please find us by mail: support@creativepudding.com

47. Creative-Pudding

Creative-Pudding

Labels are currently available only on Canvas Charts. Labels for Mesh (3D) Charts will be added in the future.

48. startleworks

startleworks

hi, i just bought this and i noticed the pie chart doesn't have antialiasing on it. Is there some way to add it?

49. kuyote

kuyote

is this abandoned? no updates on the store lately.