Search Unity

Bug Processors not respected in a specific case !

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Vagabond_, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi,

i will try to find some time to file a bug report for this but i'll just mention that here in case i can't do it soon !

TLDR; in case we have predefined processors for a binding like for example "Normalize(min=-1,max=1,zero=-1)" and player did rebind a key/axis for that binding from UI menu, the control will not respect the "processors" unless we copy the string to "overrideProcessors" !

So, i have a specific case where players can rebinding keys but also can toggle an axis invert function which i am doing from code... this uses "overrideProcessors" !

So it turns out that in case the "overridePath" is not NULL ( i.e. players did rebind a key or axis) and the binding "processors" is not null (i.e. we have some predefined processors in the input asset as invert or Normalize etc...) the control does not respect the processors unless we copy it to "overrideProcessor" from code...

That took me a few days to realize and it doesn't feel intuitive so i guess this should be a bug

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. unitydreamer29

unitydreamer29

I am also experiencing this with Interactions. The Hold interactions I have set up do not persist when loading rebindings from JSON.