Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Procedural Mesh Normals

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Coolcreation201YT, May 27, 2019.

1. Coolcreation201YT

Coolcreation201YT

having issues with proc mesh normals, never posted here so gl to me but um I think its an issue with normals not showing, the normal map isn't showing on EAST and WEST faces in first image and when past a certain size in the second image you can see another weird issue, I think these 2 are related issues but not sure. heres code https://hatebin.com/diqlqsgkld

Attached Files:

2. ThermalFusion

ThermalFusion

In order for tangent space normal mapping to work your model also needs tangents as well as normals. I can't see you generating any tangents in your code.

3. Coolcreation201YT

Coolcreation201YT

Tangents? Im not familiar with them, ill give them a search and see if thats what i need, if it doesnt work ill get back to you, Thanks!

4. Coolcreation201YT

Coolcreation201YT

Would you be able to link a good video on them? I cant seem to find anything relevant.

5. ThermalFusion

ThermalFusion

6. Coolcreation201YT

Coolcreation201YT

im not sure because the recalculate tangents I think it fixed the face not showing normal map but the blackness is still there and it seems that the SizeX and sizeZ don't represent values , like it could be 30x60 with sizeX 60 and sizeZ 60