Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder will delete all things that hasn't been built when closing ProBuilder window

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by better_walk_away, May 11, 2018.

1. better_walk_away

better_walk_away

When I forgot to "build" the model, the model I created got deleted. The worst of all, my model had many layers of children, it deleted all its children and parents as well. And there is no undo for this mistake. My suggestion is to pop up a warning like "There are some models in the scene that haven't been built. Are you sure you want to close the ProBuilder window? The models will get deleted." when user is attempting to close the window.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

It should also be possible to "Undo/Redo" this. If Undo/Redo does not work, Unity isn't a safe sandbox to try out things.

However, if you know how to reproduce this issue, Unity Technologies would probably be thankful if you could submit a bug-report as explained here:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

... once you submitted the report, you receive a bug-report Case number, which Unity staff normally asks us to post in the forum thread.

3. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! Super sorry about this :( We tried to make the "Preview Shape" clearly not permanent (bright blue and unable to modify it's geo), but you are totally right, we should have also added some safeguards just in case, hate to think of you losing all that work :(

I'm opening a ticket for this now, we'll make sure this can't happen in the future! :)

Ryiah, hippocoder and Peter77 like this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Oh I never realised that. I thought it would save a working copy so you can just resume where you left off as if nothing happened.