Search Unity

Probuilder VR Workspaces removal-/-Delete?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Data007, May 13, 2018.

1. Data007

Data007

Hi
    Ive been at this for a while now and have managed to open Everytype of workspaces that there are from within probuilder vr and more than one of each type, the answer must be obvious but I cant see it.
    Once created these workspaces how to delete/remove them? They are cluttering up my view/camera and I cant get rid of them.

2. UniteFriend

UniteFriend

PB-VR is an experimental add-on for Unity, which lets you build and edit geometry from within your VR headset.

This is made possible via Unity’s new and also experimental “Editor VR” tools.

Can I use ProBuilder VR?
    Sure! While PB-VR is still in early development, we’re making it free to download and use. See the “Getting Started” section for more info.

Keep in mind– both ProBuilder VR and Unity EditorVR are very early prototypes. Expect bugs, send us your feedback, and have fun!

First, open the Editor VR window by choosing “Window > Editor VR” from Unity’s menu bar.
    Once the Editor VR window opens, pop on your VR headset and get started!

Activate the ProBuilder tools
    Using the hand you prefer to build with, trigger-click the Unity logo at the base of the other hand’s controller.

When the “Rotating Box Menu” appears, rotate it till you see the face labeled “ProBuilder”. Here, use the ray to trigger-click the “Create Shape” button.

The ProBuilder VR “bracelet” GUI should now appear on your hand- congrats, you are ready to build!

The ProBuilder VR GUI
    Currently, there are only two buttons:

The furthest button enables Shape Creation, and is cleverly disguised as a 3D shape.

The closest button displays a triangle with edges, and enables Face Editing controls.

Shape Creation
    Point the ray at a surface- the Shape Drawing Grid will appear on that surface, at a grid size relative to it’s distance from you.

Trigger-Click and hold to begin drawing a new Shape. Drag to size, then release the trigger to commit the base. Now, move/point the ray to set the Shape depth, and trigger-click to commit the final Shape. Done!

Face Editing
    Point the ray at a surface- it will highlight blue to indicate selection of xigncode3

Trigger-Click and hold, then move the selected Face by pointing your ray where you’d like it to move to- this sounds strange, but try it and you’ll understand easily

Alternatively, you can dip the Unity “control cone” into the surface- best safety glasses - it will highlight in purple this time. Now, you use Trigger-Click like before, but move your hand and the selected Face will move with it. Neat!

That’s it, folks…
    …for now! Lots more coming soon, give it a try and let us know your thoughts and suggestions, thanks very much!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021