Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder & UWP

Discussion in 'World Building' started by markgrossnickle, Jul 9, 2018.

1. markgrossnickle

markgrossnickle

Visual Studio fails to compile a build for UWP when ProBuilder is in the project.

I am using Unity 2018.2.0b11 and ProBuilder package 3.0.6. I see there is a 3.0.9 which I will update to today but I don't see any mention in the changelog that UWP support was addressed.

It builds and runs fine in Unity but compiling in Visual Studio to the device or building to a package fails with:

1> Running AssemblyConverter...

1> "C:\projects\Shepherd\UWP\Unity\Tools\AssemblyConverter.exe" -platform=uap -bits=32 -configuration=Release -removeDebuggableAttribute=False -uwpsdk=10.0.17134.0 -path="." -path="C:\Program Files\Unity 2018.2.0b3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\Players\UAP\dotnet\x86\Release" -workingDir="C:\projects\Shepherd\UWP\Garment\\" "@C:\projects\Shepherd\UWP\Garment\AssemblyConverterArgs.txt"

1> Failed to fix references for method System.Void Poly2Tri.DTSweep::FlipEdgeEvent(Poly2Tri.DTSweepContext,Poly2Tri.TriangulationPoint,Poly2Tri.TriangulationPoint,Poly2Tri.DelaunayTriangle,Poly2Tri.TriangulationPoint)

1> Failed to fix references for type Poly2Tri.DTSweep

1> System.Exception: Failed to resolve System.Console

1> at Unity.ModuleContext.Retarget(TypeReference type, GenericContext context)

1> at Unity.ModuleContext.Retarget(MethodReference method, GenericContext context)

1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Visit(MethodDefinition method, GenericContext context)

1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Visit(TypeDefinition type)

1> at Unity.TypeDefinitionDispatcher.DispatchType(TypeDefinition type)

1> at Unity.TypeDefinitionDispatcher..ctor(ModuleDefinition module, ITypeDefinitionVisitor visitor)

1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.ProcessModule()

1> at Unity.ModuleStep.Execute()

1> at Unity.FixReferencesStep.Execute()

1> at Unity.Step.Execute(OperationContext operationContext, IStepContext previousStepContext)

1> at Unity.Operation.Execute()

1> at Unity.Program.Main(String[] args)

I read on ProCore3D's forums that I would need to disable some of their dlls in order for it to work in UWP:
    http://www.procore3d.com/forum/topi...crosoft-hololens-when-using-probuilder-basic/

Two questions:
    1. Will runtime UWP support be coming to ProBuilder anytime soon?
    2. I don't seem to be able to Exclude Platforms on any dll file within a Package. I am using Unity 2018.2.0b11. Is that a bug or intended behavior? I tried to exclude the ProBuilder/Classes as that forum post suggests but they are greyed out.

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.