Search Unity

Probuilder UV mapping on a tileset ?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Hishicorne, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Hishicorne

Hishicorne

Hello !

So I've recently started to use probuilder, and it looks like a really good tool for what I'm trying to achive. However, I'm having quite an issue right now. I'd like to UV map my objects on a tileset, as my game is based on pixel art. So all tiles are something like 16x16 pixels. The issue is the following : when I import the material with the texture attached to it, in the UV editor, it looks like this :

So the whole tileset fits one face. Obviously this is not at all what I am trying to achive, and I'd like to texture to kind of fit, in the way that 16x16 pixels will be 1 unit in the editor. I don't know at all how I should process, thought. Do you have any recommendation ?

I'm verrrrrryyyyy new to UV mappings, so to be honest it is kind of a struggle right now to understand everything lol, but I'm sure as soon as I'll get it it'll be super useful.

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Select all your faces, then set their scale to (16 / texture size). Ex, if your texture is 256px^2, your UV face scale should be 16/256, or 0.0625 for each face to span 16px.

3. Hishicorne

Hishicorne

Thanks !! This is exactly what I needed :)

kaarrrllll likes this.