Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Probuilder Tools Should Be More General In Nature

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Tony-Lovell, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

I want really useful functions that are similar to those this tool has, but which have nothing to do with the mesh-obsessed focus of the present version of this asset.
    • Why can I not re-specify, in rotation and position, any GameObject's pivot? There are meshes within the tree, but I want the transform of the root GameObject to be respecified, as the pivot and the rotation are in preposterous places.
    • Why am I not permitted, at runtime, to remove MeshRenderers from ProCore-created objects? I wanted an invisible collider of a specific shape, and I get this error when I try to remove the renderer.

tone

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks for the input!

- Pivot editing: Yes, we'd like this too :) For anything in Unity, really ... just being able to "Edit Pivot" would be super. ProBuilder will let you change Pivot location (see "Set Pivot To Center of Selected Elements" in the docs), but not rotation and scale- it's on our to-do list :)

- Removing Mesh Renderer: this is because the PB tools rely on this component. However, you don't need to remove it- just disable it (Component.IsEnabled == false, or something like that ...)

3. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

Thanks for the tip on the second point, Gabriel.

I will continue to use empty GameObjects to correct the evils of my art assets in terms of pivot placement.

tone