Search Unity

ProBuilder - Spiral staircase

Discussion in 'World Building' started by DragonFang17, Mar 8, 2019.

1. DragonFang17

DragonFang17

I'm loving the ProBuilder feature you guys added in. I only have one issue with using it to make spiral staircases and it's not because of the looks. It looks great, but the function of it when the player goes up and down the stairs is odd. I have an image attached with the situation. When the player is on the staircase in the level, they can walk up and down a single set of stairs no problem (shown with black arrows). The player can walk up all the stairs from the bottom floor to the top floor, (shown with green arrow). However THIS is why I'm posting this. When the player passes a flight of stairs, they aren't able to go down anymore and it's as if a collider of some sort shows up (shown with red arrow). I don't know if I'm the only one who ran into this but I've checked all the settings for the player controller and gravity is applied normally as the player can still walk up and down the steps they're on. It's only after passing the top of the set of stairs they can't seem to go back down. Is this because of ProBuilder? Should I made a spiral staircase model from another program?

EDIT: Just realized I left colliders where floor objects used to be and thats why the player wasn't able to go down... mega fail on my part for not seeing it sooner

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    gabrielw_unity likes this.