Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder selection doesn't work on Mac

Discussion in 'World Building' started by DiscoFever, Jul 10, 2019.

1. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

So on Mac, you can't select faces/edges etc it's not working (Unity 2019.1.4)
    That's the exact same f*cking bug that was previously when ProCore stuff hadn't sold to Unity.

Does anyone have the same 'selection' problem ? Basically you click and it randomly selects (or not) the face (or edge you want)

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

What version of ProBuilder is this, and is there a bug report open that you could send to me?

3. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Unity 2019.1.4f1 / ProBuilder 4.0.5
    If you remember I was the one having that much issues with selection on Mac ... same persists.
    How to re-open a bug ticket for this ?

4. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  5. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Thanks so basically I have paid $150 for an asset that never worked since you never fixed the issue although i had many exchanges with you; and i am not even able to get a refund for it since it's now 'free' ?

Can we do something about it ? Should I fill a complaint to the assetstore ?

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Bugs happen, and while I try my hardest to fix all of them there are some cases that take longer to address because they are not easily reproduce-able. I know it is frustrating to have a bug go unfixed. What would help me get this fixed faster is a bug report.

Try emailing the Asset Store about a refund. If you purchased any of our tools within some time frame before the Unity acquisition you were entitled to your money back. It's been a long time, but they may be able to do something.

7. et3rnald

et3rnald

I'm having the same problem--can't select faces or edges on a Macbook Pro Retina with touchscreen. Using Unity 2019.2.6f1 and Probuilder 4.0.5. It's super frustrating not being able to do the most basic operations...

8. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

I'm asking for a refund ... hopefully they can at 'least' do a gesture ... I had bought the whole ProCore suite for $150

9. Melburnian

Melburnian

I'm having the same problem now for the first time after upgrading to Unity 2019.2.8 and Probuilder 4.1.0 (but downgrading didn't fix it).

I've submitted a bug report, but for anyone else having the same issue, I found a workaround: using the vertex, edge or face tool, click and drag a selection over the vertex, edge or face you're trying to select and it will become selected.

PS. I'm on a MacBook Pro (late 2013).

10. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Well, so at the end I feel that i've been abused; paid $150 for something that never worked and of course no commercial gesture neither from ProCore nor From Unity.

Thanks !

11. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Finally i am taking legal action against Unity. I'll let you know about the outcome.

Customer satisfaction ? Bullshit ! Profit first !

12. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

See
    See, another user. Not just me.

13. Thickney

Thickney

This flat out hasn't worked for me in Unity 2019.X on a Mac since 2019.1 first came out. I just don't use ProBuilder anymore.

14. timunit

timunit

Awful situation. Still cannot use ProBuilder with Unity 2019 and MacOS Catalina

15. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

@kaarrrllll see ? Seems i am not the only one; and you are saying that you made the development on Mac ?
    Do i need to submit another bug report ? Just install it on MacOS and see for yourself.

16. takkeli

takkeli

Same issue here.
    Unity 2019.2.7f2 / ProBuilder 4.0.5 / MacOS 10.15.1

17. jasonwaltersxyz

jasonwaltersxyz

18. doarp

doarp

jasonwaltersxyz likes this.
  19. chrismarch

chrismarch

reset all settings did not fix it for me. drag to select verts gives a vertically offset result, or nothing and deselects object
    ProBuilder 4.2.3, Unity 2019.3.13f1
    macOS Mojave 10.14.4
    MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018

20. steven1022

steven1022

+1 for the issue chrismarch calls out. Seems to be a different issue than the section picker, clear settings, one people had previous. Selecting one at a time works fine but you can't drag select

Occasionally a drag selection results in a vertically selected result unrelated to the area and most times results in the object being selected all together

ProBuilder 5.0.3
    MacOS Monterey 12.1
    MacBook Pro 14-inch 2021
    Unity 2021.2.7f1 (Silicon)

I switched back to Intel based Unity 2020.3.25f1and it works normal just in case anyone else needs a fix until Silicon is working well

Edit: Another solution - you can go into Face Selection, drag to select all faces you want, and flip back to Vertex Selection and the same highlighted area will be there on the other side. Hopefully that helps anyone else looking!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021