Search Unity

ProBuilder: ProBuilderPreferences.asset not saving

Discussion in 'World Building' started by beelzeboss, May 30, 2018.

1. beelzeboss

beelzeboss

Unity 2018.2.0b4, Pro Builder 3.0.8, windows 10

We are trying to turn off auto generate UV2 in our project across multiple machines but the preferences don't want to save. I have tried this via unity preferences and also directly though pro builder.

2. beelzeboss

beelzeboss

To add onto this If we do auto generate UV2 is it possible to change the settings such as the pack margin

3. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

If you select the ProBuilderPreferences asset, can you see the "pbDisableAutoUV2Generation" key?

Yes, you can still edit the UV2 setting even if auto generate is disabled.

4. beelzeboss

beelzeboss

I can when ticking the box but when relaunching Unity it clears. Where can I set the default settings on this?

5. noethis

noethis

I'm experiencing the same issue where it fully clears out the ProBuilderPreferences.asset file every time I relaunch Unity. I'm on 2018.2.0f2 and ProBuilder 3.0.9.

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Were either of these projects upgraded from an earlier version of ProBuilder? Also, are any errors or warnings shown in the console when starting the project?

7. noethis

noethis

Yeah, I've updated ProBuilder a couple times via Package Manager, not sure what all versions I've been on but probably only versions from the last couple months. No error/warning messages on startup. Are there any log files I could check or anything?

8. Salim

Salim

Hello, I also have the same issue.
    All my Probuilder preferences clears up every time I restart Unity.
    I'm on Unity 2018.2.0f2, Probuilder 3.0.9, Windows 7.
    Thank you.

9. halley

halley

I've never used or imported ProBuilder until now (2018.3.8f1), but I already noticed it has forgotten my key shortcut preferences (since the defaults conflict with other Key preferences I set in the other Key area).

In the ProBuilderSettings.json file, it looks like it does not save anything for those shortcuts. Maybe the code was never completed to properly serialize this data out nor in.

Code (csharp):
    1.             {
    2.                 "type": "UnityEngine.ProBuilder.Shortcut[], Unity.ProBuilder, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null",
    3.                 "key": "editor.sceneViewShortcuts",
    4.                 "value": "{}"
    5.             },

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  10. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

As of 4.0.4, shortcuts are now assigned and stored using Shortcut Manager. If you're using Unity 2018.3 however, shortcuts will still be managed by ProBuilder. In this case, please try ProBuilder 4.0.3 or higher, which addressed some issues with settings not being saved.

11. halley

halley

So 4.0.4 *removed* the shortcut saving function but runs on 2018.3 which doesn't have the Shortcut Manager. My original report above is using ProBuilder 4.0.4 (latest, up to date) on 2018.3. Edit: I just downgraded ProBuilder to 4.0.3 in 2018.3 and the problem is still there-- no saved shortcuts.

I agree the right answer is to manage them more centrally in a consistent way. Kinda frustrating that such a hole is left in 2018.3, meaning it will remain in 2018.4 LTS for anyone who has to depend on it for their whole product cycle.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  12. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Sorry that was unclear. I did not mean to say that this will not be fixed for 2018.3, just that it may already have been as a result of some related work.

Anyways, I looked at it this morning and found the problem rather quickly. A fix for 2018.3 shortcuts not saving will be in patch 4.0.5.

halley likes this.
  13. kyleyoungblom

kyleyoungblom

I'm also seeing this with Probuilder 4.0.5 in Unity 2018.4.22