Search Unity

Probuilder - Problems selecting vertices for welding

Discussion in 'World Building' started by JeanFinley, Jun 9, 2018.

1. JeanFinley

JeanFinley

I've got a situation where I have two verts on the same mesh in the exact same place. I'd like to weld them but i can't select them both without pulling them apart, which I don't want to do since that'll mess up the mesh. I would have thought dragging a select box over them would select both but doing that only selects one. The guy in this video is able to do it but when I do the exact same thing it just says "Nothing to weld" (video linked at relevant time)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mahmoud-mroueh likes this.
  2. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

There is a setting in most modelling applications that allows the selection of hidden vertices, edges, faces, etc.. Is there any chance that pro builder has this setting and it’s turned off? I’m not sure if there are setting to adjust for probuilder tbh; but this can be a problem in other modelling applications.

3. JeanFinley

JeanFinley

Turns out that was exactly the problem. Thank you so much!

For anyone with the same problem, I just had "Set Hidden Element Selection" under vertex operations set to off. Turning it on fixed the problem.

wwaii likes this.
  4. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

Awesome!

Man, that was a good guess... I'm just learning how to use probuilder, so I'm glad that worked!

5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

6. leehall02

leehall02

I had the same problem, but spotted the Select Hidden and tried setting it On and it still didn't work. I fixed the problem by hitting the + next to Weld Vertices from 1e-05 to a small value like 0.06 and that did the trick for me.

gabrielw_unity likes this.
  7. mariagraciatech

mariagraciatech

The Vertex Weld modifier behaves like the Weld feature in editable poly and similar objects by combining all vertices within a specified distance from each other into a single vertex. Vertex Weld is useful for cleaning up meshes that contain clusters of vertices within small areas.

8. master_rigel

master_rigel

This fixed my problem too. Though mine was a little bit different.

If more than one vertex occupy the same space, there's a chance that probuilder (for whatever reason) will simply miss one or more of them.

I was looking for a way to set the scene display to something like x-ray mode, to capture all the vertices, but this solution works just as well.

On top of that, it has saved me from having to export my entire model as an object, do my editing in blender and bringing it back in again. Phew!!

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  9. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! ProBuilder 4.1 is nearly out, and it should solve this issue plus others :)

10. renman3000

renman3000

[SOLVED]
    Found in ProBuilder Window!

[Original Post]
    Hi,
    I am looking for the setting that will allow me to select Hidden Vertices, but I can not find it in Preferences. Where should I look?

Thanks!

11. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies