Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

ProBuilder problem

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Geckoo, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Geckoo

Geckoo

Hello everyone. I have a question about ProBuilder into a Unity project (Unity and ProBuilder latest versions). I have a big problem with it. In my project, I embed ProBuilder, creating a few rooms which are parts of my level. I subdivide them so as to paint walls, floors and roofs with different materials, etc. However, I cannot say that my level is really complex - instead, it's just a collection of little cubic rooms - and ProBuilder sucks. Sometimes, I have to wait 20 seconds in order to paint a single wall. When I close my Unity session, I have to wait more than two minutes. There is something wrong with ProBuilder and I cannot work with such conditions. I would like to know if some users noticed something similar with ProBuilder. Maybe someone knows how to fix it? I import and re-import ProBuilder, but it doesn't change anything. Do you have a clean alternative to ProBuilder - something which works better? Thank you for your help ++

2. Geckoo

Geckoo

No one answered. So I did some research so as to find a better solution and I am not disappointed. I will forever forget ProBuilder - and now I prefer to use an efficient alternative. RealTime CSG is a BSP level design tool that allows you to quickly create levels in an intuitive way. I tested it by creating some complex levels with strong geometries - and it's just amazing. I don't understand why so many people prefer to use ProBuilder (but I guess that there is a reason). CSG works like a charm without any latence or compute lag. You can add geometry, subtract them, in less than a few milliseconds you can change your level for an inverted world, applying textures easily... And it is available for free. Exactly what I need. No really don't talk to me nevermore about ProBuilder ++

https://realtimecsg.com/manual.html
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/realtime-csg-69542

3. abelyanhayk852

abelyanhayk852

I guess, nobody uses probuilder. I just created a new project and imported probuilder again, because the textures began to be baked after I apply a material, and this is a waste of time. I don't want to use blender or rhino, because their uv mapping is complicated.

unityunity