Search Unity

ProBuilder problem

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Geckoo, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Geckoo

Geckoo

Hello everyone. I have a question about ProBuilder into a Unity project (Unity and ProBuilder latest versions). I have a big problem with it. In my project, I embed ProBuilder, creating a few rooms which are parts of my level. I subdivide them so as to paint walls, floors and roofs with different materials, etc. However, I cannot say that my level is really complex - instead, it's just a collection of little cubic rooms - and ProBuilder sucks. Sometimes, I have to wait 20 seconds in order to paint a single wall. When I close my Unity session, I have to wait more than two minutes. There is something wrong with ProBuilder and I cannot work with such conditions. I would like to know if some users noticed something similar with ProBuilder. Maybe someone knows how to fix it? I import and re-import ProBuilder, but it doesn't change anything. Do you have a clean alternative to ProBuilder - something which works better? Thank you for your help ++

2. Geckoo

Geckoo

No one answered. So I did some research so as to find a better solution and I am not disappointed. I will forever forget ProBuilder - and now I prefer to use an efficient alternative. RealTime CSG is a BSP level design tool that allows you to quickly create levels in an intuitive way. I tested it by creating some complex levels with strong geometries - and it's just amazing. I don't understand why so many people prefer to use ProBuilder (but I guess that there is a reason). CSG works like a charm without any latence or compute lag. You can add geometry, subtract them, in less than a few milliseconds you can change your level for an inverted world, applying textures easily... And it is available for free. Exactly what I need. No really don't talk to me nevermore about ProBuilder ++

https://realtimecsg.com/manual.html
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/realtime-csg-69542

3. abelyanhayk852

abelyanhayk852

I guess, nobody uses probuilder. I just created a new project and imported probuilder again, because the textures began to be baked after I apply a material, and this is a waste of time. I don't want to use blender or rhino, because their uv mapping is complicated.