Search Unity

ProBuilder - Planar Mapping broken

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Siccity, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Siccity

Siccity

Hello,

This is my first endeavor into ProBuilder and this one has been giving me a great headache.

I have a very simple map layout consisting of a vertex painted 8x8 plane with extruded sides as walls.

I'm trying to do an UV planar map on the floor, but one face is always skewed and doesn't want to cooporate.

I tried removing this face with backspace, but then it's just another quad that gets the curse instead.
    I tried a lot of messing around in the UV editor including auto, manual, various resets, groups and clicking around.
    I tried exporting the mesh to blender to have a look, and apart from every quad being disconnected, it didn't seem like there were any issues with it.

I know i could probably just delete the object and create it again, but i want to know how to fix this in case it happens in the future on a model I've spent more time with.

I'm on Unity 2018.2.0b2 and ProBuilder 3.0.9

PS: As you can see in the picture, the UI in the UV editor is also broken.

upload_2018-11-28_19-24-35.png

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! If the UI is broken (yep, I see that...) there might be an issue with either your install of PB, or Unity. Actually- I see you have a very early beta of 18.2, is that correct? If you could upgrade to the latest version of 18.2, that would be a good first step. Thanks!