Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Probuilder objects not colliding on build.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by shredingskin, Mar 16, 2020.

1. shredingskin

shredingskin

Hello, I'm using probuilder 4.3.0.(prev 4) and Unity 2019.3.5f1
    The problem I'm having is that the colliders in my probuilder objects are not working anymore on build (they are working correctly in the editor).
    This is one of the objects that doesn't collide (and I'm using it as a floor):
    Probuild.jpg
    I'm using prebaked collision meshes (but also tried building without):
    Probuild.jpg
    These are my character's rigidbody and collider settings:
    Player.JPG

I have no idea why it's not working on build, but works correctly on the editor. Any ideas what can be causing this problem ?

Attached Files:

2. shredingskin

shredingskin

I've tried everything, not baking collisions on build, downgrading probuilder, deleting and reinstalling probuilder.
    Even new probuilder objects don't have collisions on build (but do in the editor).
    I'm truly at a loss here.

3. elliotfriesen

elliotfriesen

Does your player use a rigid body for movement? Because if not the the collisions won’t work. Also if the player does and it still doesn’t work then try adding individual box colliders for each part of your pro builder assets because mesh colliders can be glitchy sometimes

4. shredingskin

shredingskin

The player is using ridigbody for collision.
    All the other colliders are functioning, only probuilder ones don't.
    Also it's working on editor, but not on build, I can't find a reason why.
    Built game:
    example.jpg
    In editor(working as expected):
    InEditor.jpg

I used a lot of Probuilder objects for floors, so the game is now unplayable.
    I just don't know what caused this, I've built the game many times and there wasn't any problem.

5. elliotfriesen

elliotfriesen

One other option I’ve seen used before is to remove all of the child prefabs of the environment and of the pro builder assets and put them under a empty game objects. It has worked before and might work again. Also try checking development build when you go to build settings

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

I'm currently investigating this, it will be resolved before the next preview.

shredingskin likes this.
  7. shredingskin

shredingskin

So it's not just me ?
    That makes me relieved, I already deleted the library and rebuild it again (almost 2 days), and still the same problem.

8. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

9. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Yea I've had this issue as well. For the moment I've had to export to fbx and reapply the collider before building. Then when I return to edit the mesh, I'll ProBuilderize again. A bit annoying, but a temporary work around for the moment. It's great to see it has been fixed, looking forward to that release.

10. xkhannx

xkhannx

Could it be happening when you parent non-probuilder objects to probuilder objects? Colliders on my whole building stopped working after I moved my fixed cameras setup under the building in the hierarchy. I moved them out but all colliders were broken. Like, they show up as a component in the inspector, but there is no green outline and the player goes right through them. I fixed them by removing Mesh collider component and then adding it back. I hope it's a common bug!