Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Probuilder moving a single element messes around the whole mesh

Discussion in 'World Building' started by psomgeorg, Apr 1, 2019.

1. psomgeorg

psomgeorg

I was making a mesh using new poly shape and after that i made it x tall flipped normals and added some smaller poly shapes inside and same some modifications. I saved my project ,scene and so that i can continue my work the next morning. The next day(today) wanted to make some modification to the mesh, move some vertices, faces ect, however when i was selecting a group of element or a single element and was moving it, it was messing around my whole mesh.(The smaller poly shapes had no problem moving their elements) selecting.png moving.png releasing.png As you can see in the first picture, i have selected a single vertex, in the next one i am moving it and in the last i am releasing the move action. The Unity version is 2018.3.6f1. I am new to probuilder so if i made any silly mistake, plz tell me, i dont want to lose any progress and repeat a whole day's work without knowing how to fix it or avoid it

2. psomgeorg

psomgeorg

new update : it seems i solved the problem by deleting a component script named Z_additional vertex streams. I dont know if i shouldnt and how important it is.

3. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

z_AdditionalVertexStreams is a Polybrush component, and should not be present on ProBuilder meshes. You were right to remove it :)

psomgeorg likes this.