Search Unity

ProBuilder lightmap issue

Discussion in 'World Building' started by robert-nally, Oct 20, 2018.

1. robert-nally

robert-nally

Hi,

I'm having an issue with ProBuilder lightmaps appearing black on certain faces and I'm hoping this might be an easy fix that someone can clue me in on. I'm relatively new to ProBuilder.

I attached images with the problem. Certain faces just appear black. It's just on ProBuilder meshes, not my static imported meshes. It's also just on certain faces, other faces on the same mesh are fine. I also have UV2 built for these meshes.

If someone can clue me in on what's happening here and what I'm doing wrong that would be great.

Thanks,
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Rob! Can you let me know what version of Unity and ProBuilder you have?

Hard to tell what the issue is from looking at the pictures, but there might be overlaid geometry, or the lightmap might still be building, or the UV2 has gotten out of sync. A few ideas:

1) Open the lighting settings panel and disable "Auto Generate"
    2) Open the PB UV2 generation settings (ALT Click in icon mode, or click the + in text mode), then enable "Auto UV2 Generation"
    3) Delete the problem faces, then use Bridge Edges to rebuild them one at at a time

Hope that helps!

3. robert-nally

robert-nally

Hey Gabriel,

I'm using Unity 2017.2. I'll not at my desktop at the moment, but when I am I will get you the ProBuilder version.

1. Auto Generate has been turned off for me and was in those screenshots so I don't think the issue is coming from there
    2. I believe I may have UV2 auto generating. The walls definitely have a UV2. I double checked and generated them again before baking and taking those screenshots just in case. One thing I've found is that they don't always re-update after they are built and I've been playing with ways to try to get them to do that. One thing I've found is that freezing transforms on the object helps sometimes, but not always. Freezing Transforms isn't always available on an object as well, which I'm not sure how to fix.
    3. I can try this, thanks.

Thanks!

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Okay, so that's a pretty old version of ProBuilder- are you able to upgrade to Unity 2018.x? If so, you can use the new Package Manager version of ProBuilder which as a large amount of fixes, upgrades, etc. And PB 4.x is coming soon!

Did deleting and re-building the faces work?