Search Unity

Probuilder Keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes!

Discussion in 'World Building' started by DJ7705, Jan 14, 2019.

1. DJ7705

DJ7705

Hi I'm having one real mother of a problem with Probuilder! Everytime I go to make a new poly shape Unity does one of two things, Either it restarts my pc or crashes to the desktop! I've looked online for a solution and have found nothing! If anyone can help me fix this it would be appreciated greatly! And the thing is I recently reset Windows 10 completely and deleted all data!

I'm using Unity version 2017.4.17.f1 and Probuilder version 2.9.8f3

Thanks in advance!

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! ProBuilder v2.9 is fairly old, are you able to update to Unity 2018? ProBuilder 3.x is available via Package Manager, and 4.x should be out very soon (this week), quite a few updates since v2.x!

3. DJ7705

DJ7705

Hi Gabriel, I could upgrade my buddy who got me into this says that there's likely lots of bugs with 2018 but if you think it'll help I'll try it but there's something else you should know, Unity freezes and crashes or restarts my pc regardless of what I'm trying to do or import! On 2 different assets it crashed. I've tried everything I can think of, reset my pc over 10 times, done everything my buddy has suggested and still can't get unity working like it used to! I desperately need help!
    I downloaded and installed unity 2018 but I'm using the free version and I was using my buddies copy of probuilder, and probuilder is only included with the paid version of unity so what can I do to get unity working right again?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  4. colin_young

colin_young

gabrielw_unity likes this.
  5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi DJ7705 - sounds like the PC is having trouble that we can't help with, sorry :(

However, for ProBuilder, as @colin_young helpfully pointed out, that's free for everyone now! :) Just open the "Package Manager" in Unity 2018.3 and install from there. Hope that helps!

6. subhomukh1407

subhomukh1407

after update and installing proBuilder in Unity 2022l.3.13 when starting open panel and it is crashing unity without eny error message. I am working in HDRP-Vulkan. Please help me any one know sol.