Search Unity

ProBuilder / Interior is not rendering

Discussion in 'World Building' started by juraj80, Nov 28, 2021.

1. juraj80

juraj80

I created this simple building system with ProBuilder. The exterior is rendered correctly, but when I move inside the building, the inner walls and ceiling are not rendered and I can see outside as if the building does not exist.

Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 15.44.51.png Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 15.48.46.png

2. jeremy_hgs

jeremy_hgs

Hi juraj80, I'm no expert but I believe the issue you're seeing is because the mesh normals are facing outward, so you're able to see the blockout as depicted in your screenshots. However, once you move inside the meshes themselves, since the normals are facing outward there is no geometry being rendered / light calculations etc.

If you want to see what your interior looks like, you'll need to flip the normals of your object through the ProBuilder editor window. There are other tutorials / videos online that explain in more detail, and give examples of how you can see both sides (e.g. duplicating the objects, scaling and flipping normals is one way I've seen). Hope this helps!

Virtesia, bhoffman67 and Alien_J like this.
  3. Alien_J

Alien_J

You are 100% correct. Sounds like you are an expert.

Correct, again.

Faces can only be 1 sided between 3 or more vertices. If you create a "quad" from the Unity GameObject window, this will only have 1 face because it only has 4 vertices.

And the only way. Unless you actually create a "cubed" wall. i.e. a wall with 6 sides. Front, back, left, right, top, bottom.

Some devs will create this type of wall, then delete all the connecting faces (top, bottom, left, right) for performance.