Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Probuilder infinitely installing

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by knas01, Mar 26, 2021.

1. knas01

knas01

I've tried for a few days to install Probuilder, but it's not working. It's stuck installing with no progress bar and all package manager buttons greyed out. You can't use it until you restart the editor. I'm using the latest 2019.4 version.

I had to download the GIT version to get around this.

Cringekid_OVER9000 likes this.
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey there,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of this behaviour so we can take a look at this for you?

3. knas01

knas01

@UnityMaru Well it looks like this. It won't go away until I restart the editor. Since I have the GIT version in the assets it thought it had the files and actually sort of installed the downloaded files from the manager. It gave a ton errors that didn't go away until after a few restarts and I had removed the GIT files, but now when I try to download the latest version it's back to endless installing.
    Have not had this problem with other packages.
    {33C94807-6F51-4FA2-8370-35D36F053B1D}.png

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

5. Cringekid_OVER9000

Cringekid_OVER9000

I know that these posts were posted a long time ago, but are there any results? Has anyone found a solution to the problem?
    I myself am experiencing the exact same problem myself, so an update or just any sort of information on the subject in general would be greatly appreciated!

I have been trying to install Probuilder for nearly a week with no results. It supposedly shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes, but a couple days ago after trying to install it for over 12 hours it was still "installing". I have made several attempts since then to try and install it. I have searched through forums and forums, and forums, but to no avail - I can't find anything!
    I haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem except for you!

6. Kaiynest

Kaiynest

I have the same problem as well in unity 2020.3.0f1

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

I would suggest the same action as my previous reply - please file a bug report and we can work with you over email to seek resolving this.