Search Unity

ProBuilder: Hidden Element Selection

Discussion in 'World Building' started by SentientSkull, Jun 19, 2018.

1. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

Hidden Element Selection is an available option for vertex, edge and face modes, but turning it off doesn't seem to have any effect in vertex and edge modes. For example, if I set it to 'off' in vertex mode and make a selection, other vertices in the background which are obscured by faces will also be selected.

The description for 'Select Hidden' specifies faces regardless of the currently selected mode. Is it supposed to work in vertex and edge mode?

ProBuilder 3.0.9 on Unity 2018.1.4

moein75 likes this.
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi kphipps! Yes, "Select Hidden" should apply to vertices and edges also. I'm double checking here, and it's working fine. Are you using any custom scripts or tools that might be interfering? If you can test in a new, standard project to rules out variables that's a big help. Video of the issue occurring is also very useful, sometimes I can spot the cause, or a misunderstanding :) Thanks!

3. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

Ok, here's a screenshot. Basically to show what's happening I drag a selection rectangle over a face on the top image, then on the bottom you can see it has selected vertices behind the face while 'Hidden Element Selection' is set to 'off'.

Hidden Element Selection.png

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, the DOOM tutorial- neat! :)

That selection: hmm, definitely a bug. Can you try:

1. New scene
    1. new pb cube
    1. drag select- does the selection work correctly?

5. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

I did as you requested and it seems to work properly.

One thing about the projects where I have this issue is that they were both upgraded from Unity 2017.3.1p1/ ProBuilder 2.9.8 to 2018.1.4/ProBuilder 3.0.9.

6. yahodahan

yahodahan

Ah, interesting, thanks! Perhaps there is an upgrade issue. The issue does not occur with any new geo you create (the cube), but always occurs with geo that was upgraded?

7. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

That might be it. The new objects I added don't seem to have the problem.