Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder has poor construction tolerance on large scale project

Discussion in 'World Building' started by jumisko, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jumisko

jumisko

I have noticed that when building larger projects in ProBuilder the construction tolerance is not great. A simple plane is not completely level, though the rotation shows no tilt. I checked that the walls are of equal height, and the bottom edge is at zero, along with the plane, but clearly it is not. I have included a couple of images here for you to see. This is the same room, different sides - about 30 meters across the room from each other. tolerances.png

I have also noted that after creating many extrusions, some extrusions along some planes are not extruding exactly along their normals, but at slight angles. Now that I know this, I sometimes catch it, and can correct the angle, but at times, I have noted the error after much building.

I suppose I should just use another 3d program (Blender), but ProBuilder is very much more intuitive and nice to build with (when it behaves itself).

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue. On DIscord, I mentioned this, but most people don't do large-scale builds with it, or are probably not concerned with a truly accurate build since it is technically a prototyping tool.

Unity 2019.4 LTS, ProBuilder 4.3.1, ProGrids 3.0.3 preview.6

unityunity