Search Unity

Probuilder has no Vertex Color '+' painting options. Where are they?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by jenapier, Apr 30, 2019.

1. jenapier

jenapier

Hi guys,

I am trying to paint vertex colors on a polygon plane but no '+' symbol appears for the Vertex paint tools. even the flood vertex wont work. See attached image below

I've tried multiple types of objects (inbuilt/imported etc), and have updated Probuilder twice.
    I'm on Mac with Unity 2019.1.0f2 (I have also tried this on 2018.3). It's become a bit frustrating and stalled my project.

Why won't this work? Is their a 'manual' way to force-open the options window?
    @gabrielw_unity

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

The Vertex Painter in ProBuilder was deprecated, you can use Polybrush for painting vertex colors.

IndieGameHustle likes this.
  3. arsnyan2002

arsnyan2002

How can he do this if it's broken in Unity 2019.1.0f2?
    Proof is in the blue-ish link.

4. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

polybrush will corrupt meshs when a mesh changes, mesh changes often happen when using pro builder. this is not a good solution

5. jack1mason

jack1mason

Any update on this? Vertex Colors don't seem to work for me on a Mac. Is it an issue of what shader or version of Unity I'm running (have both a 2019 and a 2020 version, same issue in both.)

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Polybrush requires that shaders support vertex color or texture painting to work. Both the Polybrush and ProBuilder Standard Vertex Color shaders should work for this purpose.

7. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder

This is so annoying. Polybrush does not work on my mesh, and Probuilder was my only alternative to not having to hand paint or texture my mesh in blender. Probuilder works fine with my mesh for everything else but polybrush just doesnt work.

8. gommoauriolo

gommoauriolo

Me too! Polybrush doesn't work, shows me everything in purple :(