Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback ProBuilder feature requests?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by dgoyette, Aug 10, 2019.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I was wondering if there was a proper channel for making feature requests for ProBuilder, other than a thread tagged with "Feedback?" If so, please let me know, otherwise consider this thread my feature requests. :)

Select Vert/Edges/Faces Between A and B - Something I do all the time in Blender is ctrl-click on edges to select all vert/edges/faces between the last selected vert/edge/face and the one I ctrl-click on. For example:

upload_2019-8-10_15-5-1.png

I very often want to do this in ProBuilder.

Cycle through coincident Verts - Sometimes I need to break/split a vert apart, and move just one of the verts. This can be a bit of a pain, though, as usually vert I need to move isn't the one that gets selected when I click on the vert. I end up clicking on the vert, moving it away a bit, doing that for each of the verts I didn't want to move, until I finally select the one I wanted to move. For example:

upload_2019-8-10_15-18-55.png

In this example, the currently selected vert in the right panel was the last one that was selected when clicking. But if it was the one I want to move, I needed to move the other verts out of the way first. Then after I move the one I wanted to move, I put all the other verts back where they were and weld everything. It would be nice if there was some action or keybinding to cycle through all verts that share the same position as another vert. That way I could cycle once, move the vert, see if it was the right one, and if not, undo and cycle to the next vert.

Multi-cut Bevel - The bevel tool currently makes a single cut to an edge, truncating it:

upload_2019-8-10_15-24-26.png

Many times I need to go model something in Blender, instead of Pro Builder, merely because I want a more rounded bevel, with multiple cuts. You can sort of do this with the current tools by performing Bevel multiple times, and reducing the bevel distance with each cut, but it's hard to get things even that way. So it would be nice if bevel had a slider to choose the number of cuts.

frarf likes this.
  2. frarf

frarf

Now that boolean operations actually work and don't crash the editor, I want a better CSG workflow. Right now it's destructive and hidden in an experimental menu. It should work how conventional boolean operations work in any software, where can be moved around and a result is updated non-destructively. Obviously you wouldn't be able to edit the mesh's polygons without baking it, but this would be a huge improvement anyway. Since ProBuilder is on GitHub now, I've been thinking about making my own branch for it.