Search Unity

ProBuilder, faces rotating for no reason then turning black.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by DevSeph, Jul 20, 2018.

1. DevSeph

DevSeph

So I just installed pro builder I've been playing around with it a little bit but I can't get anywhere because something seems horribly wrong. I'm trying to just create some very simple geometry based off some of the tutorials I've been watching. I'm starting with an octagon made through the poly shape creator and then Extruding a small face from the center. When I create the smaller face everything is fine. PBBeforeManipulation.PNG
    Immediately after I attempt to move the face upwards at all and let go with out even snapping it into a higher position it rotates strangely and then turns it's self and other faces black. PBAfterManipulation.PNG
    The issue persists if I move it up or extrude or do anything except control Z...
    PBAfterManipulation2.PNG
    Normally I would assume that I had messed something up in the settings but like I said I Just installed it from the asset store. I'm running unity 2018.1.of2.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. DevSeph

DevSeph

Never mind, I reinstalled it using the package manager instructions and everything seems fine now.

3. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi! It actually looks like ProGrids was forcing a snap action on all 3 axis when moving the faces. Did you by chance remove and re-install ProGrids also via package manager?