Search Unity

ProBuilder Extrude Face / Saving Project Issue

Discussion in 'World Building' started by BostonGamesLLC, Mar 14, 2019.

1. BostonGamesLLC

BostonGamesLLC

I am having trouble with the functionality of the Extrude Face command in ProBuilder 2.x while using Snap mode in ProGrids

I am using Unity 2018.3, ProBuilder 4.0.3, and ProGrids 2.5.0

The faces extrude properly when snap mode is not enabled, but when I do enable snapping the faces get pinched on an edge and extrude as a prism.

In the video I am left-clicking while holding down the SHIFT key.

:eek:

I also get this error when attempting to save a file after extruding faces in this manner:

After this point I am unable to save my project and all changes made since the face extruding attempt go unsaved when I re-open the project.

Any help / insight is greatly appreciated!

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Snapping into single point: looks like your grid is set a bit too high/large, so the points are all finding a single, shared closest grid point and going there. Also- you have a fairly old version of ProGrids, I'd recommend enabling preview packages in the Package Manager, and installing the ProGrids 3.x preview :)

About the error message - that's a super odd one, would you mind actually creating a bug report for that? (Help > Report a Bug). Thanks, hope this helps!

BostonGamesLLC likes this.
  3. BostonGamesLLC

BostonGamesLLC

Hey Gabriel,

Lowering the grid size fixes the extrusion problem, but if I do extrude the face where the snapping bug happens even once I am unable to save my project afterward and get the same error message when I attempt saving or closing the project. I will just avoid increasing the grid size until there is a fix for that and I will file a bug report for the error : )

Thanks you for your help!

-Allyn

4. BostonGamesLLC

BostonGamesLLC

ps
    and I will get updated versions of ProBuild and ProGrid - noob issues lol.. >_>