Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Probuilder extrude axis pivot problem

Discussion in 'World Building' started by AussieSwissDave, Jul 25, 2020.

1. AussieSwissDave

AussieSwissDave

Hello,

I was trying to follow this nice tutorial building a simple tree. I see there that when you extrude and rotate a face the axis should be aligned such that if you pull on one of the axis arrows it'll extend the shape directly forward the way it is facing.

I can't get that though. My axes are always aligned with the fixed x-y-z axes, as you can see below.

I've tried changing Center/Pivot and Local/Global with no luck.

Any help please?

upload_2020-7-25_16-42-28.png

2. AussieSwissDave

AussieSwissDave

(I will add that things were working initially but then I have no idea what I did and now suddenly it's impossible to get a pivot aligned with the face).

3. AussieSwissDave

AussieSwissDave

Okay I believe the issue was I did not have "Orientation: Normal" set.

I do believe this is a bit of a flaw in the editor though, because I was just playing around with "Local" and "Global" in the main Unity editor and completely unaware of a "Normal" function. Probably should be integrated to have all 3 options together.

4. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Yes, this really should be a part of the tool options toggle in the top toolbar. It's on the short list of ProBuilder improvements that are to be worked on near future.

AussieSwissDave likes this.
unityunity