Search Unity

ProBuilder extremely slow when selecting meshes

Discussion in 'World Building' started by jonagill_rr, Sep 26, 2018.

1. jonagill_rr

jonagill_rr

If you have Meshes are Assets enabled in ProBuilder's preferences, Unity seems to constantly thrash the Asset Database whenever you interact with a ProBuilder object. The worst case for this seems to be when you attempt to drag-select multiple objects in the Scene view, which can hang the editor for 30+ seconds and generate hundreds of megabytes of garbage.

Here's a screenshot of what the profiler looks like when triggering one of these spikes: https://imgur.com/a/Ombo9Cr

Meshes are Assets is a very important setting for our team, since it allows us to keep the scene files small and diffable in Git, while letting us store the binary mesh asset data in separate LFS files. However, using Meshes are Assets is currently causing our workflow to be unusably slow for our level designers due to this behavior.

I have filed a bug on the issue against Unity 2018.1.5, but I have also verified that it still reproes on 2018.2.8.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes I have the same problem, even if you try to rotate de Viewer and you have a entire scene made it with probuilder is slow bad I have robust computer and video card, even if I apply freeze transform in the probuilder meshes... This is really and important feature that needs to be improve.

Thanks,
    Deo :)

3. Czar-Man

Czar-Man

Having the same issue with 2019.1.5 and the Package Manager versions of both ProBuilder and Polybrush.

4. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Is there a reason you're not using LTS?

5. jonagill_rr

jonagill_rr

Possibly because I posted that over a year ago before LTS existed?

6. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Duly noted. lol sorry about that.