Search Unity

Probuilder: exporting prefabs leads to missing mesh and other weird behaviors

Discussion in 'World Building' started by crawfis, Aug 15, 2019.

1. crawfis

crawfis

I exported some of my assets that had subcomponents built with Probuilder. I then started a new project. I can inspect the prefabs and they look fine (see image). However, if I drag a prefab to the scene, the probuilder components do not appear. Tried every Repair option under the ProBuilder menu. I will go back and export them as assets (which I should have done), but thought I would share this weird experience. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Prefab window:

If I copy this to the Scene. The Mesh seems to be there (not sure where these are kept), but the ProBuilder Mesh script is missing:

upload_2019-8-15_15-31-44.png

Attached Files:

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Sorry, thought I replied to this previously - can you explain what process you used to export them? Can you share the exported files? Thanks!

3. crawfis

crawfis

Sorry. I should have said I exported a package: Assets->Export Package ... I had the include dependencies checked, but that does not seem to work (materials or textures will not get exported - another issue).

I have since used the ProBuilder export Asset, which I have to do for every asset separately. That still has probuilder stuff in it. Deleted that, Mesh Collider was lost. Reattach that, ...

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah! Ok, yep, that won't work correctly. The problem is, ProBuilder saves the mesh in the scene- even if you make a prefab. Your best option is to either copy-paste the scene itself, or yes use the ProBuilder "export to Asset" action (will require re-ProBuilderize in the other project, though).

We're working toward a much better system that allows saving mesh data to the project :)

5. crawfis

crawfis

Thanks. FYI, I was able to remove ProBuilder after ProBuilder->Export Asset ... and reconnect the meshes. I want to have a prefab package that is stand-alone. The re-proBuilderize was not required after all of these steps.