Search Unity

Probuilder error

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by TenBitNet, Feb 15, 2019.

1. TenBitNet

TenBitNet

I have been getting an error in unity and I think it is do to Probuilder. Do I have to just ignore it or is there some way to fix it?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: JSON parse error: The document is empty.
    2. UnityEditor.EditorJsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite (System.String json, System.Object objectToOverwrite) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/JSONSerializeEditor/EditorJsonUtility.bindings.cs:33)
    3. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.ProjectSettingsRepository.Init () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/ProjectSettingsRepository.cs:41)
    4. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.ProjectSettingsRepository.ContainsKey[T] (System.String key) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/ProjectSettingsRepository.cs:108)
    5. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.Settings.ContainsKey[T] (System.String key, UnityEditor.SettingsScope scope) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/Settings.cs:125)
    6. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T].Init () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/UserSetting.cs:300)
    7. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T].get_value () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/UserSetting.cs:326)
    8. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T].op_Implicit (UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T] pref) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/UserSetting.cs:342)
    9. UnityEditor.ProBuilder.LogPreferences+<>c.<SetLogPreferences>b__1_0 () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Editor/EditorCore/LogEditor.cs:27)
    10. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:209)

2. TenBitNet

TenBitNet

Also when I press play mode I get an error as well.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.ProjectSettingsRepository.ContainsKey[T] (System.String key) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/ProjectSettingsRepository.cs:109)
    3. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.Settings.ContainsKey[T] (System.String key, UnityEditor.SettingsScope scope) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/Settings.cs:125)
    4. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T].Init () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/UserSetting.cs:300)
    5. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T].get_value () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/UserSetting.cs:326)
    6. UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T].op_Implicit (UnityEditor.SettingsManagement.UserSetting`1[T] pref) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Settings/Editor/UserSetting.cs:342)
    7. UnityEditor.ProBuilder.VersionValidator.ValidateVersion () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Editor/EditorCore/VersionValidator.cs:33)
    8. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:209)

3. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Yes, that looks like an issue with the library ProBuilder is using to save preferences. Could you please file a bug report and PM the ticket number?

4. bdovaz

bdovaz

5. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

6. bdovaz

bdovaz

Ok, thanks.

7. CWatsonT2

CWatsonT2

Has this been fixed? I'm still getting it and I'm using version 4.1.0 in unity 2019.2.8f1.

8. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

its appears not :(

9. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

@AlcoleponeHome The latest is 4.1.2 (new as of yesterday), could you try updating?

10. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

yeap currently on unity 2019.1.5f1 and latest pro builder 4.2.1 as this error

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.polybrush@1.0.1\Editor\ProBuilderIntegration\ProBuilderBridge.cs(200,72): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PolyEditor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.polybrush@1.0.1\Editor\ProBuilderIntegration\ProBuilderBridge.cs(592,61): error CS0103: The name 'PolyEditor' does not exist in the current context

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.polybrush@1.0.1\Editor\ProBuilderIntegration\ProBuilderBridge.cs(612,61): error CS0103: The name 'PolyEditor' does not exist in the current context

11. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

In a clean 2019.1 project I was able to import ProBuilder 4.2.1 and Polybrush 1.0.1 without issue. I have seen problems before where other script or package compilation errors can interfere with a package import, and in those cases I usually have to remove both ProBuilder and Polybrush, then reimport each.

12. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

i uninstalled polybrush and probuilder, and the compile errors went...

reinstalled probuilder and...

new compile error
    Copying assembly from 'Temp/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' failed

13. DragonicHead

DragonicHead

try uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the Package Manager (if there's any update(s) -> update it)
    NOTE: This problem happened to me, but I fixed it by myself (Mb)

14. DragonicHead

DragonicHead

After finishing this step(⬆): (if there are new compile errors) move the file (com.unity.probuilder) from the file (packages) to the file (Assets) and delete it from the file (packages)

15. DragonicHead

DragonicHead

don't forget to clear all errors from console