Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder Probuilder Error When Clicking Subdivide Object

Discussion in 'World Building' started by monstergrunt09, Jan 3, 2019.

1. monstergrunt09

monstergrunt09

im making a cave map but when i click subdivide object it doesnt wanna do it and it gives me this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Poly2Tri.DTSweep.NewFrontTriangle (Poly2Tri.DTSweepContext tcx, Poly2Tri.TriangulationPoint point, Poly2Tri.AdvancingFrontNode node)
    Poly2Tri.DTSweep.PointEvent (Poly2Tri.DTSweepContext tcx, Poly2Tri.TriangulationPoint point)
    Poly2Tri.DTSweep.Sweep (Poly2Tri.DTSweepContext tcx)
    Poly2Tri.DTSweep.Triangulate (Poly2Tri.DTSweepContext tcx)
    Poly2Tri.P2T.Triangulate (Poly2Tri.TriangulationContext tcx)
    Poly2Tri.P2T.Triangulate (TriangulationAlgorithm algorithm, Triangulatable t)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_Triangulation.Triangulate (IList`1 points, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& indices, Boolean convex)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_Triangulation.TriangulateVertices (UnityEngine.Vector3[] vertices, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& triangles, Boolean unordered, Boolean convex)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_Triangulation.TriangulateVertices (IList`1 vertices, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& triangles, Boolean unordered, Boolean convex)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_AppendPolygon.FaceWithVertices (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 vertices, Boolean unordered)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_ConnectEdges.ConnectEdgesInFace (ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Face face, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 edges, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 vertices)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_ConnectEdges.Connect (.pb_Object pb, IEnumerable`1 edges, ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Face[]& addedFaces, ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Edge[]& connections, Boolean returnFaces, Boolean returnEdges, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 faceMask)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_ConnectEdges.Connect (.pb_Object pb, IEnumerable`1 faces, ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Face[]& subdividedFaces)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_Subdivide.Subdivide (.pb_Object pb, IList`1 faces, ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Face[]& subdividedFaces)
    ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pb_Subdivide.Subdivide (.pb_Object pb)
    ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_Menu_Commands.MenuSubdivide (.pb_Object[] selection)
    ProBuilder2.Actions.SubdivideObject.DoAction ()
    ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_MenuAction.DoButton (Boolean isHorizontal, Boolean showOptions, UnityEngine.Rect& optionsRect, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] layoutOptions)
    ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_EditorToolbar.OnGUI ()
    ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_Editor.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:232)

I finished making the map and i tried doing this on other scenes but still wont work, i have the object selection on, if i try with the face selection, its the same thing, still error.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! Can you let me know the version of Unity and ProBuilder so I can try over here? Thanks!

3. monstergrunt09

monstergrunt09

Sorry for a long time. but heres my unity version: Unity 2017.1.0f3 (64-bit)

The probuilder version is the one from the asset store, im sure the subdivide object worked once

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah, thanks! Are you able to upgrade to Unity 2018.x? ProBuilder 3 is available in 18.1 and up, with lots of updates. Even better, ProBuilder 4 will be arriving soon for Unity 2018.3 and up. I'd recommend giving that a try, since we aren't updating the older Asset Store version (ProBuilder 2) any more, sorry.

5. monstergrunt09

monstergrunt09

I didn't know that ProBuilder 3 was here!, I will try to make my scripts to work the 2018 so i can use ProBuilder 4, Once again thanks for telling me that Probuilder 3 is available!

gabrielw_unity likes this.
  6. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Yep, happy to help! :) Always make a backup before upgrading, of course, and let us know if you have any difficulties (create a new thread though, of course).

7. monstergrunt09

monstergrunt09

Sure!