Search Unity

[ProBuilder] Could Probuilder edit or modify the existed model ?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Bagazi, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Bagazi

Bagazi

I want to use the existed model,which I download from assetStore.So I am wandering if I could use probuilder to edit it.

2. Bagazi

Bagazi

Got it. Tools --Probuilder-->probuild-- Ojbect --Probuilderize ... I am fish...

alienorbit, Joe-Censored and ssmas like this.
  3. Keywise

Keywise

After a few hours, I was able figure out how to get "Probuilderize" to be selectable in the menu for a prefab. I used Unity's LowMan as an example.
    1. Drag the prefab into the Hierarchy (scene) menu.
    2. Right click in new object in the Hierarchy menu and select "Unpack Prefab Completely"
    3. Drag the unpacked object to the Project menu to make a new prefab.
    4. So you don't get confused later with another object in the same place, hide (or delete) the prefab in the Hierarchy menu.
    5. In the Project menu, open the new prefab and find the mesh (see screen shot below)
    6. Drag the mesh to the Hierarchy menu. This is just a mesh, so there will be no material and will display in default pink.
    7. Click on this second new object in the Hierarchy. In the probuilder menu the "Probuilderize" option will be active.

Probuilderize from Mesh.png

When you select Probuilderize, the object will change to black with blue edge lines. You should be good to go with Probuilder.

Probuilderize from Mesh 2.png

If there is a simpler way to do to this, please update.

reg630, wisher_wisher and abelguima like this.
  4. MAS_Tri

MAS_Tri

I did the same but lost Animations ....

5. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Note that for whatever reason you need to have "Face Selection" active. Only then, the ProBuilderize feature is available...