Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug ProBuilder can select but not manipulate individual vertex/side/face in viewport

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by louiemed, Jan 5, 2023.

1. louiemed

louiemed

Hello, problem is as described in the title. Regardless of whether I am selecting a vertex, a side, or a face, the gizmo of any of my ProBuilderized objects remains at the object's pivot. This is occurring with objects generated with ProBuilder as well as imported objects.

When I grab a point, it does become highlighted and the ProBuilder window options update accordingly, but the gizmo remains in the same location and functions as if I was trying to manipulate the entire object. Vertices/edges/faces can all be manipulated via the ProBuilder window, but the viewport only allows me to control the entire object.

Please help!

EDIT:
    As a test I created a new project, imported ProBuilder, and created a new mesh. I was able to grab and manipulate points, edges, and faces as expected. This led me to think that a fresh install might fix things. I tried removing and reinstalling ProBuilder in my original project, but I am still having the same issue.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  2. catfink

catfink

I have the exact same problem - using unity 2021.3.33 and probuilder 5.2.2 - just stuck unable to build anything with it. I delete my library folder and reimported everything - no joy. Upgraded from unity 2021.3.25 to unity 2021.3.33 - no joy. Upgrade to latest pro-builder - also no joy. It's properly annoying as probuilder for my project is now completely useless.

Any tips on how to break out of this as it will work in a brand new project and works on another machine using the exact same project. It's like it's just decided that for this one machine it's no longer going to function.