Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder BUG - Textures don't align properly

Discussion in 'World Building' started by hotdog3454421127, Aug 21, 2020.

1. hotdog3454421127

hotdog3454421127

Textures don't align properly when you select a scale other than 1. The texture pivot moves around. This buwas reported in july 2019 here but still hasn't been fixed, and replying to that thread didn't bring any attention to it so I thought about creating a new thread to bring this bug back into the spotlight and to hopefully finally have it fixed. I uploaded the image from the previous thread showing the bug and how to reproduce it.

ProBuilder is amazing but with this bug it's almost impossible to quickly create textured environments if you are working with a scale other than 1, making textures line up becomes a huge pain where you manually have to fix each face's uv coordinates one by one, but with a scale 1 everything lines up on its own.

I am using the latest probuilder version (4.2.3)

Can the developers give an update on this bug and when it might be fixed?
    @gabrielw_unity @kaarrrllll

Attached Files:

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

I couldn't find a bug report matching this description, so I went ahead and made one. For future reference, it's really difficult for us to track bugs that are only reported through forums without an accompanying bug report made through editor.

In any case, I looked at this today and opened a draft PR here https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/com.unity.probuilder/pull/335 that fixes this. Once tests are added this will be merged to trunk, and should land in the next preview.

hotdog3454421127 likes this.
  3. hotdog3454421127

hotdog3454421127

Thank you very much! Sorry about the bug report, I had no idea there was a bug report feature!

kaarrrllll likes this.
  4. hotdog3454421127

hotdog3454421127

@kaarrrllll

I have one more question, how fast do new ProBuilder versions come out of preview? It seems 4.2.3 has been the latest version for several months by now, so we shouldn't expect to have a non-preview version of this bug fix for a long time?

5. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Usually we release a new minor or major version with every Unity release. Patches come more frequently, typcially 1 every month or two.

It's a little confusing though, as only "verified" packages will be shown on the main entry. This means that that version was shipped with the editor. However there are usually updates available that are verified against newer versions of Unity, but still valid for version of the editor. For example, every ProBuilder release in the major version 4 is valid for Unity versions back to 2018.4.

So there have actually been two minor releases since 4.2.3; 4.3.1 and 4.4.0. See the attached gif for instructions on accessing these releases.

probuilder-versions.gif

hotdog3454421127 likes this.