Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder bug. Please help

Discussion in 'World Building' started by roseportalgames, Jul 17, 2018.

1. roseportalgames

roseportalgames

I get these errors in the console. I am using Unity 2018.1.6f1

Shader error in 'ProBuilder/Standard Vertex Color': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' already defined at line 34 (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Shader error in 'ProBuilder/Standard Vertex Color': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD' already defined at line 223 (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD POINT LIGHTMAP_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Shader error in 'ProBuilder/Standard Vertex Color': syntax error: unexpected token ';' at line 288 (on gles3)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD POINT LIGHTMAP_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Shader error in 'ProBuilder/Standard Vertex Color': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_META' already defined at line 348 (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_META SHADOWS_DEPTH LIGHTMAP_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

2. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi there, can you give us a bit more info?

- Version of ProBuilder
    - What action causes these to show in the console?
    - Can they be cleared, or do they stick?

Thanks!

3. roseportalgames

roseportalgames

Hi there,

First I deleted ProCore completely and re-imported. That removed all bugs except one.

Then after visiting the asset store I saw this advice in a Review:

After making this change, ProBuilder is no longer giving me an error message.

However, the "delete ProCore completely and re-import" routine has been going on for several months now. Even when there's no apparent reason (I don't update Unity, I don't even touch ProBuilder) it suddenly throws a few vertex errors and then I have to completely delete/re-import to remove the error messages. For example, yesterday I did nothing related to ProBuilder or updating Unity and suddenly they just appeared. Hmm.

Next time that it comes back (although I hope it doesn't!) I'll be sure to answer all your questions so that we can trace the issue. :)
    For now it's all working again.
    But please publish an update for the UNITY_LIGHT_ATTENUATION bug because that seems like a really simple but big issue.

My ProBuilder version is always the latest one (right now 2.9.8f3)
    The error messages can be cleared, they appear when I Build to Android.

4. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi! Ah, that sounds like part of the issue- 2.9.8f3 is built for Unity 2017 and below, for Unity 2018+ you should be using the new Package Manager version. Sorry, I know that's not always obvious, we've been trying to get the info out everywhere possible :)

To upgrade, just open Package Manager (Window > Package Manager), click the "All" button to see all packages, then find and install ProBuilder. Once the process completes, it will automatically "see" the old version of ProBuilder (don't delete it yourself), and will ask you to convert- follow the prompts and it should go smoothly.

There are lots of bug fixes and new features in the 3.x version, and 4.x is almost ready also! :)

Additionally, if you are using ProGrids, you'll want to delete that and install the Package Manager version as well.

Hope this helps!
    -gw

TinoPit and Aswindev_A like this.
  5. roseportalgames

roseportalgames

Oh gosh, I had no idea! Thank you so much! :)

yahodahan likes this.
  6. yahodahan

yahodahan

No problem! :) Let me know if you still have any issues, of course :)

7. leoxs

leoxs

Please, add that to the asset store description so no more people fall in this trap xD

8. unity_bMUXfuNNwOTPWw

unity_bMUXfuNNwOTPWw

Shader error in 'NextGenSprites/Standard/Multi': '' : 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' already defined at line 101 (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

i got an Error while adding NextGenSprites from assets store it running on unity but not run in mobile

9. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, please ask the creator of that tool for help, in a new thread. Thanks!
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/nex...ites-reflections-liquid-dissolve-more.365717/