Search Unity

ProBuilder Bug - Not Connecting Vertices When It Says "Connect Edges"

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Alien_J, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Alien_J

Alien_J

So round 2. From an earlier post on Probuilder bug.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/probuilder-deletes-faces-when-subdividing-edges.912122/

I tried an earlier version of Unity, 2019.2.2 and a couple different Probuilder versions. I thought I was almost there in PB version 4.0.5, but still got a bug.

On 1 face of the arch, I can connect the vertices how I want. Image 1.

Trying to do the same thing on the opposite face, I can connect 2 vertices to insert an edge. But when I try to connect 2 other vertices to insert a 2nd edge, it doesn't happen. Even though PB shows a "Connect Edges" notification.

Really disappointing that I have to keep trying different versions of Unity AND Probuilder to achieve something that should be so simple.

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

From what I can see, that should work. There may be some hidden geometry preventing that connection, however. Try welding all vertices to see if that finds any overlap.

3. ThomasLopez

ThomasLopez

Unity Technologies

Hi there!
    Just catching up on this! I will look into that, from a first look it seems to come from the face merging. Am I right when I think that between the shape creation and the edge subdivision you are merging all side faces in a big single face?
    I will let you know as soon as this is fixed!

4. Alien_J

Alien_J

Sorry, but no.

As described, I was trying to subdivide the faces so I could create holes. Doorways, if you will.

On side a, I can connect two vertices with an edge, do the same with two more vertices, and then delete that rectangular face.

But when I attempt to do the same on the opposite side of the object, it does not connect the two vertices with an edge. I do get a notification that says it has connected the two vertices.

5. ThomasLopez

ThomasLopez

Unity Technologies

Hi there!
    I fixed it, it should land soon!
    The problem was coming from the special shape you are designing, as arches were not supposed to be filled, it was made originally to keep a hole at its center. Anyway, this case is now handled :)

6. Alien_J

Alien_J

So awesome, thank you.

It's always nice to be able to push the boundaries passed what original developers had planned. Thus, making things a bit easier and less time consuming.

Thank you!