Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Probuilder: Any way to make model opaque when editing?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by SentientSkull, May 13, 2019.

1. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

When editing a Probuilder model, all edges in the model are showing through faces. I find this distracting and it makes it hard to see how the model looks as changes are made unless I deselect it. This is similar to having 'Limit selection to visible' turned off in Blender. Is there any way to change this?

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Open preferences, and select the ProBuilder category. Under the Graphics section, turn on "Depth Test."

3. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

Ok, tried that but it was already on. I tried turning it off and on again and it made no difference.

If I change 'Shading Mode' from 'Shaded' to 'Shaded Wireframe' the object's own hidden edges don't show (but they do in 'Shaded' mode). So basically if in 'Shaded' mode with the object selected, all edges in the object show from behind faces.

Using Probuilder 4.0.5 and Unity 2019.1.2.

4. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

That sounds like a bug to me, but just to be sure could you please take a screenshot and highlight the edges that are showing incorrectly?

5. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

All edges behind faces are showing in 'Shaded' mode
    Transparent 01.png

but not in 'Shaded Wireframe'.
    Transparent 02.png

6. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Yep, that's not supposed to look like that. Could you please file a bug report in the editor?

7. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

I found that having 'Post Processings' on in the Scene view causes all the edges in the mesh to be visible through faces. Toggling it off (under the 'Toggle skybox, fog and various other effects' button from the toolbar on the Scene view window) fixes it.

VR_Unity_Account likes this.
  8. ttank7

ttank7

Can confirm. Turning off post process layer fixes this. Hopeful you guys can fix this as its time consuming to switch back and forth. Thanks for your help!