Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Probuilder and ProGrids... but not Polybrush?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by awesomedata, Aug 15, 2018.

1. awesomedata

awesomedata

This post by @kaarrrllll from another thread worries me.

I don't see Polybrush in the Package Manager in 2018.2.1f2.

After hearing the big announcement some time ago, I was interested in trying it out, but when I finally got the chance to do so it very much surprised me that it was not there.

Is there any information available as of yet on when (or if...?) it will be available in the package manager, or are you guys planning to dump / forget-about Polybrush in favor of Probuilder/Grids?

If you are considering letting it slip away out of convenience, please understand that its vertex painting / sculpting tools are going to be vital for the new HDRP shader pipeline and the new terrain system at some point in the future, so I really suggest keeping it if you are at all considering letting it go.

I still want to know definitively if this is the case or not (and maybe a timeframe on when we'll hear some news about it one way or another) so I (and others) are not stuck waiting for it in vain...

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Hi awesomedata. Polybrush is currently being worked on, and will be available on Package Manager when it's ready. We want it to be compatible with scriptable render pipelines out of the box before calling it ready for a 1.0 release.

3. awesomedata

awesomedata

Fair enough! -- It's good to hear it has not been forgotten!

Any idea when it will become usable again? -- Do I have to downgrade my Probuilder version and grab Polybrush from the Asset Store to use it in 2018.2 for now, or is there a better way?

4. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

I don't have an eta yet, but I can say progress is moving at a good pace :)

awesomedata and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  5. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

And please make it work with pressure on wacom tablets, thanks

e199 likes this.