Search Unity

Probuilder and git/svn

Discussion in 'World Building' started by ZAXIS, Apr 2, 2019.

1. ZAXIS

ZAXIS

Hello

So I am having this issue when working with the latest (and older) Pb

upload_2019-4-2_17-55-11.png

Every time any scene is open it would change the name of the mesh regardless of whether anything in the scene was changed or not. I can get hundreds of these changes, even though none of the objects were touched. We get sh-tloads of conflicts and lost workhours because if it.

Moreover we get "Failed to unpersist" error message from time to time when some of the objects fail to unserialize and simply dissapear. Which gets accidentally saved and committed.

PB's code looks like this:
    upload_2019-4-2_18-5-48.png

They compare mesh' name with game objects instance id. Which pretty much mean that the ID will be different every single time a scene is loaded both runtime and in editor, therefore I am getting git changes.

A fix for me could be exporting the probuilder mesh as an asset, so there is a hard reference to that asset, and no need to serialize it onto the scene. But then when exporting it would not make the reference from the existing probuilder to that asset, which I have to do myself. And I don't even think it would help since hey, it is still comparing with gameobject's InstanceID.

I cant seem to find any related issues out here on forum, am I the only one that is suffering from this?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    JoeStrout likes this.
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Yikes. I haven't started using ProBuilder much yet, but now I'm glad. This seems like a show-stopper to me.

halley likes this.
  3. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Yes, it's something we're aware of. Unfortunately there's not an easy fix, though it is high on the priority list.

4. reinfeldx

reinfeldx

I'm running into this same issue today. Is there any update or workaround? @kaarrrllll