Search Unity

Probuilder 5 cannot adjust spiral stair inner radius but the older version can

Discussion in 'World Building' started by sonicm, Oct 13, 2021.

1. sonicm

sonicm

I recently upgraded my Probuilder from 4.5 to 5 and I realized that the new "New Shape" UI is very different from the one in the older versions. For most of time it is more convenient than the older one but sometimes it can be really painful. The biggest problem I found is that I can no longer set the inner radius of spiral stairs. When I create a stair and set its circumference to be like over 180 degrees, its inner radius (the hollow part) seems always to be around half the outer radius. I tried every parameter but no one can make this stair "thinner".
    upload_2021-10-13_15-0-17.png

However, in Probuilder 4.5 I can easily create a "thinner" staircase like this. It seems like the parameter "Curvature" works in different ways between Probuilder 4 and 5.
    upload_2021-10-13_15-15-41.png

Could anyone help me do the same thing in Probuilder 5?

2. rbarbosa

rbarbosa

3. rbarbosa

rbarbosa

@sonicm It looks like the value that needs to be manipulated is "inner radius" but looking through the PB5 code, this value is no longer being accepted from the editor. It is no longer a member variable, it seems to be a local/private variable whose value is inferred based on the other dimensions that CAN be set by the user.

Sadly, for 2021.2.* there's no way to load PB4. This really sucks. I logged a bug with Unity but I wouldn't put much faith in this being fixed any time soon.

4. HunterAhlquist

HunterAhlquist

Yeah, it's gone for me too, total deal breaker.
    Crazy how Unity just releases replacements for software and tools without it being feature parity to the original first, that's like the bare minimum you could do IMO.

5. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

6. humanoid_unity

humanoid_unity

It is still broken! Steps angle is wrong!

7. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi - I checked in 5.06 and the stairs work fine that I can see - please submit a bug report if you are seeing issues, thanks!

8. Aleksei-Laser

Aleksei-Laser

Hello. There is an issue with preview of a stairs shape. CASE IN-39131