Search Unity

Bug ProBuilder 5.0.3 menus not displaying

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Shizola, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Shizola

Shizola

I'm having quite a bad experience with ProBuilder 5.0.3 and Unity 2020.3.19 LTS

Version 4.5.2 doesn't give a handle a new URP project very gracefully so I thought I'd try 5.0.3 which apparently has been released since April.

I Installed the package and the URP sample, open the ProBuilder menu and straight away some bug means the buttons are no longer colour coded.
    The new shape creation process doesn't always remember what shape you have selected when you use shift to preview the mesh. Positioning the previewed mesh is trickier than in version 4. Drawing the meshes seems fine but the UVs seem random so don't look as nice with the default prototype material.

The most shocking bug of all, the UV Editor and Lightmap UV menus will not open, not from the ProBuilder menu or the toolbar. I tested again with 2019 LTS and the menus are working fine.

Why is there no official ProBuilder thread? Seems like most of the issues posted here go ignored.

2. Shizola

Shizola

Update. I noticed by going to Window > Panels, the UV Editor was actually open, Unity just wasn't displaying it. Closing all panels fixed the problem. Reinstalling the package also brought back the colour coded menu, not sure what that was about. I'd still like an official thread though to give feedback.

3. Paul_Hughes

Paul_Hughes

I'm using Pro-builder 5.03 with Unity 2021.3 and I don't know what it is but I find the drag to find length and width and height unintuitive, even as I make a wall I go to top view point click drag along for length and width but then to go to side view to get the height it just stops working, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, absolutely not a fan of the new Pro-builder, I preferred when you just asked for a shape then adjusted it to size and then used the subdivide or whatever to get desired results. I know some people will find this new "Method" ok like a lot of recent Unity upgrades, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I did not think I would complain so quickly after all the Remote 5 posts to see when it would be working, which finally last month or so it worked...at last! But now Pro-builder 5.03, it just isn't my cup of tea at all. I get it more control over the shape etc, but there should be a drag and drop that cube or arch straight onto the scene option, instead of using points to create a shape, it feels like a custom solution to me more than a basic shape? Anyway, maybe there is an option and I haven't seen it yet, I am getting old though and blind lol. Cheers guys for listening as usual...well the 2 of yous! hahaha:p, Peace guys and good luck on your projects, new or old, I hope you get much success with your games in the future, I might be playing one of your games one day and it absolutely rocks! ;) I'll probably still be trying to figure out Unity 2025.3(LTS) Pro-builder 8.05:D Good Luck Guys!

Shizola likes this.