Search Unity

Bug ProBuilder 5.0.3 menus not displaying

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Shizola, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Shizola

Shizola

I'm having quite a bad experience with ProBuilder 5.0.3 and Unity 2020.3.19 LTS

Version 4.5.2 doesn't give a handle a new URP project very gracefully so I thought I'd try 5.0.3 which apparently has been released since April.

I Installed the package and the URP sample, open the ProBuilder menu and straight away some bug means the buttons are no longer colour coded.
    The new shape creation process doesn't always remember what shape you have selected when you use shift to preview the mesh. Positioning the previewed mesh is trickier than in version 4. Drawing the meshes seems fine but the UVs seem random so don't look as nice with the default prototype material.

The most shocking bug of all, the UV Editor and Lightmap UV menus will not open, not from the ProBuilder menu or the toolbar. I tested again with 2019 LTS and the menus are working fine.

Why is there no official ProBuilder thread? Seems like most of the issues posted here go ignored.

2. Shizola

Shizola

Update. I noticed by going to Window > Panels, the UV Editor was actually open, Unity just wasn't displaying it. Closing all panels fixed the problem. Reinstalling the package also brought back the colour coded menu, not sure what that was about. I'd still like an official thread though to give feedback.

unityunity