Search Unity

ProBuilder 4.2.3- Selected faces do not show dimensions when selected

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Alien_J, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Alien_J

Alien_J

In Unity 2019.2.2 and a previous ver of PB (can't remember which version) I could select an object face and it would show the dimensions of that face. Now, in Unity 2019.3.7 and PB 4.2.3 (preview 6) it only shows overall object dimensions.

How can I get it back to showing just the dimensions of a selected face(s)?

** Tried with Unity ver 2019.3.4 and PB ver 4.3.0 - Could not get face dimensions to show.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

You can enable or disable the dimensions overlay in the ProBuilder menu. It's under `Tools > ProBuilder > Dimensions Overlay`.

halsion1986 likes this.
  3. Alien_J

Alien_J

I was searching for something like that, but must have overlooked it.

Thanks, brother.

kaarrrllll likes this.
  4. Alien_J

Alien_J

So I do remember using the dimensions overlay. This is how I get my faces exactly the length I need. But it still doesn't show the dimensions of just the selected face. Only the objects overall dimensions.

Really want to use Unity 2019.3.7 and latest version of PB, but this would make it so difficult.

5. Alien_J

Alien_J

Aha!

Just found the setting to enable it.

Edit > Preferences > ProBuilder > Dimensions Overlay > Object seems to be selected by default, select Element.

Presto!

6. Alien_J

Alien_J

I thing I have noticed with this new ver of PB, you can not check dimensions of faces that you have extruded and then CTRL Z to go back to selected faces.

i.e. I have an arch that has 360 Arch Degrees. I want to extrude the Arch outward in increments. I select all the end faces >

Extrude>

Select 1 side face to check the length (since PB never showed the length of extruded faces). In an older ver of PB, I could 'undo' and it would put me back where I have all the edge faces selected, where I could lengthen or shorten the faces as need to get the desired length.

In this recent ver of PB, when I 'undo', it does not go back to having the previous faces selected. It just deselects everything. So I have to spend the time to select all the faces I need to extrude. Really a pain when you have a large amount of faces that need to be selected and extruded.

Unless you know a trick to go back to having all the faces selected again.

7. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Face selection should be retained after an Undo. It seems to work for me, could you file a bug report with the steps you take when it does not keep your selection?

You can enable this in the ProBuilder Preferences, it's the toggle "Show Handle Info."

Also of interest may be the Extrude options window, which lets you define a specific amount to extrude by.

Alien_J likes this.
  8. Alien_J

Alien_J

Thanks for the reply, kaarrrllll. I'll look at it again once I get home from work (yes, we're still working).

Also, didn't know about the specific extrude option. Just made life easier.

kaarrrllll likes this.