Search Unity

ProBuilder 4.0.2 Update problems

Discussion in 'World Building' started by CosmicBoy, Jan 21, 2019.

1. CosmicBoy

CosmicBoy

So the update from the package manager worked, but the new update appears to have caused a 20 second hang when you enter playmode in the game, even if the scene is basically empty.

All objects previously made with ProBuilder were also missing the "open ProBuilder" tab in their object inspectors.

It prompted numerous times to "upgrade all ProBuilder objects to version 4" which we did, and then it would continually prompt this dialog again and again (we noticed this happening right at the end of the hang in unity play mode also)

So then we reverted back to 3.0.9 in the package manager, all seems to be working again except the previously built ProBuilder objects now have missing scripts on them which have to be manually deleted, and then we need to manually go to Tools>ProBuilder>Object>Pro Builderize to make them Pro Builder compatible once again.

So, any info on this would be great.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Can you let me know what version of Unity you are working with? Should be 2018.3 at least, or you might have issues.

The "Open ProBuilder" button was removed from the mesh inspector...actually I think there was some misunderstanding about that, I'd like to bring it back, will look into this.

After the prompt and the upgrade, did you get a "Reload Scene" pop-up, and click Yes, then save?

What process did you use to revert to 309? Going to a lower version in Package Manager can cause problems, similar to opening your Unity project in an older version of Unity. It's best to do a Git/similar commit before updating, then revert to that commit if you need to undo the Package Manager update.

Additionally...are you able/do you mind giving us access to the repo so we can test the upgrade ourselves? There could be a special case we were unable to test for, that'd be a big help, thanks!

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

4. Justin_Larrabee

Justin_Larrabee

I've also had a huge increase in start time after going from 3.0.9 to 4.0. I ended up reverting back to 3.0.9 as well.

5. dgoyette

dgoyette

I'm seeing the same issue with the call(s) to DoesProjectContainInvalidGuids after upgrading. I guess I'll back out for now and look for a fix in the next version.

6. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Patch is on the way with a few fixes, thanks for your patience :)

7. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

ProBuilder 4.0.3 squashes this bug, and is now available through Package Manager.

corjn and dgoyette like this.
  8. dgoyette

dgoyette

Thanks, guys. And thanks for ProBuilder in general. ProBuilder was the first asset I purchased for Unity, over two years ago at this point, and it's hard to imagine Unity without it.

9. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

Hi,

4.0.3 has indeed fixed the delay issue, but now I'm finding that the Probuilderize option is always greyed out. I've tried selecting 'Rebuild all ProBuilder' objects, but it tells me there's nothing to be done. Edit: I don't see any 'convert to ProBuilder 4' option either, in case that might have helped!

Am I missing something?

10. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Awesome, glad it's been helping you out!! :)

"ProBuilderize" will only work on objects that have a mesh, but are not already PB objects. That might be why it isn't showing?

"Convert to ProBuilder 4" was renamed to "Check for Broken ProBuilder References", can you try that one?

11. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

I tried running the ‘check for broken probuilder’ references but still won’t allow me to probuilderize any objects. They do have a mesh.

12. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hmm. In that case, would you mind filing an official bug report (Help > Report a Bug), and include the project, so we can look into it further? Sorry for all the trouble!