Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

ProBuilder 2.9.8f3. This GameObject has overlapping UVs

Discussion in 'World Building' started by AlexanderZotov, May 28, 2018.

1. AlexanderZotov

AlexanderZotov

Hi guys! Can anyone tell me please what is the problem? Once I create new shape (even simple cube) I get such warning

There are 1 objects in the Scene with overlapping UV's. Please see the details list below or use the 'UV Overlap' visualisation mode in the Scene View or Object Maps for more information.

- Cube: 384 texels

Edit. Same with ProBuilder 3.0.8 and Unity 2018.1.1f1

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. se

se

I had a similar issue and @kaarrrllll pointed out to me that you may need to increase the lightmap resolution in the lighting window depending on what Unity version you're using. Alternatively you can also increase the lightmap padding in the ProBuilder UV editor (switch to UV2 in upper right select).

3. AlexanderZotov

AlexanderZotov

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately nothing works. I read about setting Lightmap Resolution to 40 before. It didn't help. And switching to UV2 doesn't work neither.

4. alefbona

alefbona

Any update? I have the same problem...

5. BritTiggs

BritTiggs

Same issue here. New project on Unity 2018.1.1f1, only package is ProBuilder (3.0.9). Create a cube -- instant overlapping UV's.

Turning the Pack Margin up to 40 (in ProBuilder/ Generate UV2 options) seemed to fix most of the overlaps for me.

6. kaneco2013

kaneco2013

Thank you! It`s works!