Search Unity

Bug Problems with Transparent Standard Shader in Deferred Metal Rendering on Mac

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Doomlaser, May 9, 2023.

1. Doomlaser

Doomlaser

I have transparent objects using the Standard shader with the Metal renderer that cause artifacts to draw on top of everything else. I've tried everything to solve this graphical issue, but having anything transparent causes this rendering glitch.

Here's an example of what it looks like. Note the transparent windows causing the visual artifact, rendering on top of the character.

Anybody have any clues how to mitigate this? I'm on Unity 2022.2.6f1

2. Doomlaser

Doomlaser

This bug is driving me nuts. Does anybody have a solution? Here's another example of the artifacts on the deferred path of the default renderer in Metal on 2022.2.6f1 when I use a transparent Standard shader. I'm not doing anything wild. This is the built-in standard shader! Help?

3. Doomlaser

Doomlaser

OK, I've found the source of the problem. These artifacts show up if I enable the PostProcess stack on Mac on Metal. Disabling the PostProcessVolume makes the transparency artifacts go away. I wonder if I'm using an old version of the stack and that's what's causing it?

Edit: I was. Updating to a newer PostProcess Stack fixed my problems.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023